Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo said I paid but I didnt?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Alamo said I paid but I didnt?

It's been a week since I returned the car. I kept it clean and returned it on time and everything. I paid for the actual rental car thru Expedia a while back. But they gave me a receipt for 325 bucks for a young driver fee. I did see it appear on my credit card for a day or so as pending and then it disapeared. I called customer service and she said that it says I paid with my credit card and I don't owe anything. The thing is I never paid and when I go on my credit card account I do not see any charge for alamo anymore. Do you think this was a mistake from alamo or just my credit card company? I don't mind not paying but I just don't want to be charged 325 in a couple months. She sent me a reciept thru email and it says I paid. So what is this about? Anyone might know?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:09 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Magic1467
It's been a week since I returned the car. I kept it clean and returned it on time and everything. I paid for the actual rental car thru Expedia a while back. But they gave me a receipt for 325 bucks for a young driver fee. I did see it appear on my credit card for a day or so as pending and then it disapeared. I called customer service and she said that it says I paid with my credit card and I don't owe anything. The thing is I never paid and when I go on my credit card account I do not see any charge for alamo anymore. Do you think this was a mistake from alamo or just my credit card company? I don't mind not paying but I just don't want to be charged 325 in a couple months. She sent me a reciept thru email and it says I paid. So what is this about? Anyone might know?
It could be that the charge hasn't posted yet, or it could be an oversight that the underage fee didn't actually post to the rental for whatever reason. If you don't see the charge in a couple of days then it would be highly unusual that it would post down the road. My guess is that Alamo screwed up. Keep quiet and consider yourself very lucky.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

Good advice

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Keep quiet and consider yourself very lucky.
Yep, seriously!!!!! Forget it and move on
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Had this once and I was persistent with them charging me as I'm really on top of my finances. Never posted.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Magic1467
Just keep all necessary papers and move on. If it turns out you are never charged, then consider it a gift or whatever.

OTOH it has been my experience that sooner or later a routine audit or something will trigger corrections and or charges to appear, this even months after fact. Just keep sums available in your account or on credit card to cover said charge should it pop up months later.

People tend to believe if nothing happens after a few weeks they've gotten "free money"; that is until the charge finally appears and if there aren't sufficient funds/credit or whatever they are now in a whole new fresh heck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.