Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo Surprise Upgrade @ JAX

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Alamo Surprise Upgrade @ JAX

Hey all, first time poster here, long time lurker. Wanted to share my experience I had with Alamo at Jacksonville Airport this weekend.

I booked via Alamo for a premium car rental for 4 days. Total was $149.78. Including Alamo insider discount. Never had any problems with Alamo so I enjoy using them. Landed in JAX at around 7pm. I wanted to head straight to the rental lot so I can catch whatever good cars they had available before the last reaming ones were boring Impalas and Fusions. Didn't go as planned of course as the girlfriend wanted to stop at a few airport shops for some quick things. I learned from the Flyertalk Forums that you can head straight to the lot. Get in a car that's in your reserved class. Check-in online and go about your day. I do just that. Here in Jacksonville, Alamo, Enterprise and National share the same lot, with National signing being the dominant brand, so it seems like i can get lucky with a great car with national ES aisle. As im heading toward the premium aisle I see a Nissan Maxima SV leaving and immediately begin to dread what's left. Sure enough I see 3 Impalas LT, 1 Charger V6, 1 Buick Lacrosse and a Q50!! I literally stopped in my tracks seeing the Q50 in the premium aisle. I couldn't believe it. Dropped everything in the car and started the online check-in, however JAX doesn't do online check-in. Guy at the exit thought I was trying to get one over on him saying "yea that's not a car you can have" Said okay sure no problem sir. Backed the car into a spot. Left the girlfriend in it and literally ran to the check-in counter.

Alamo agent was the best. Told him they parked a Q50 in the premium aisle, he laughed and said "I guess you're one lucky guy" Told him about the agent at the exit and wrote the cars info on the rental contract so I wont have any problems. Got back to the car. Gave it to the rude guy and didn't even say have a good day or anything. He just said "GO!" And GO is what I did, with a huge smile on my face

I have since returned the car and it was the best time ever. Put over 800 miles on it. I kept wanting to drive. Mind you it was a base model 2018 Q50 3.0T Luxe. No navi. No bose audio. The Maxima i wanted has all of that but the main factor for me was the twin turbo V6 Infiniti now has. It was a blast compared to the usual cars you get. Ive been looking to get a Q50 for myself and now I'm sold!! But will definitely add tech packages and everything else.
jackal, AutoSlash and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.