Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most miles driven during rental?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by dayone
How many times have you found drugs in your rental car?
Does an empty crack pipe count? Didn't test residue. Then twice pipe and pot.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by CalVol
But...in a Versa??? ... I own a Sentra...I couldn't imagine 12k in it over a couple months. LOL

Most mileage I did was back in 2002 we took a family trip from East Tennessee that had us meander down to Texas, to San Diego, LA and then through the Midwest visiting family and friends and a few different sites along the way. We were in a LeSabre and had an infant and a 3 year old. The total mileage came in at about 6k over 17 days.
Sorry for the late post...Been a bit distracted I guess. To make things more unbelievable, my girlfriend (now fiance, so I guess the trip was a success) and I ended up buying a full size air mattress to put in our tent when we were camping. Turns out, if you fold down the back seats, you can fit a full sized air mattress in the back with just a little squeeze on the edges. Mayhaps Nissan should market the Versa as an RV?

No joke though, this happened. We would do it again for sure. Both of us are not large people though, so there's that.
jackal likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:03 am

On one trip in Sweden i clocked 1500 km in 7 days rental period.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by dayone
How many times have you found drugs in your rental car?
For complicated reasons, i was stopped by state police in Iowa and given the option of voluntaily allowing the officer to search my car or bringing in the dogs. I had no idea who or what had been done with this car before I had it, so allowed the search. All in, this officer spent 45 minutes with me and , of course, found nothing. He had been convinced I was transporting drugs, and was very pissed to have spent that much time and found nothing. He gave me a warning ticket for pulling off on the side of a interstate exit ramp and stopping for several minutes.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
5320 Miles on a Ford Taurus from Hertz.

NYC - Niagra Falls - Detroit - Chicago - Atlanta - Orlando - Miami - Ft Lauradale - Som where in Ga - Raligh NC - Portsmouth Va - Baltimore - Philly and back to NY

All in 1 week 3 days.

Hertz refuses to rent to me now.
CMK10 likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
5320 Miles on a Ford Taurus from Hertz.

NYC - Niagra Falls - Detroit - Chicago - Atlanta - Orlando - Miami - Ft Lauradale - Som where in Ga - Raligh NC - Portsmouth Va - Baltimore - Philly and back to NY

All in 1 week 3 days.

Hertz refuses to rent to me now.
Did they really ban you? What was the purpose of the trip?
Old May 13, 2018, 2:04 pm

Vacation Road Trip.

They really banned me saying I owed them tolls from the trip, even though I showed them tolls were pre-paid they claimed the Va tolls were not paid. I showed them proof toll was prepaid even from VDOT that no tolls were owed for the time period.

Can't rent from them. I had assumed it was from the toll until someone told me it looks like they were upset about a long trip. It was the only trip that was over 50 miles with them. I use to rent 2 to 3 times a month for business then I had that long trip and never again would they rent to me claiming I owed tolls.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:24 pm

Vacation Road Trip.

They really banned me saying I owed them tolls from the trip, even though I showed them tolls were pre-paid they claimed the Va tolls were not paid. I showed them proof toll was prepaid even from VDOT that no tolls were owed for the time period.

Can't rent from them. I had assumed it was from the toll until someone told me it looks like they were upset about a long trip. It was the only trip that was over 50 miles with them. I use to rent 2 to 3 times a month for business then I had that long trip and never again would they rent to me claiming I owed tolls.
Have you tried escalating your complaint? As long as you have proof on the tolls they should take it off your account.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:26 pm

I didn't even bother enterprise was right next door and 20 bucks cheaper when I learned of the issue. So I never bothered to rent from them again.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:25 am

They really banned me saying I owed them tolls from the trip
If that is the reason, they'll take payment and remove you from the list. Ask them if you pay in full, if your rental privileges will be reinstated.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:52 pm

Why should I pay for something that's already paid for and for which I have proof? This was over 3 years ago enterprise has been great when ever I needed to rent again.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:14 pm

Why should I pay for something that's already paid for and for which I have proof? This was over 3 years ago enterprise has been great when ever I needed to rent again.
I more meant to ask if they would remove you from the DNR list to see if it's the true reason, not for you to exactly pay it.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:22 pm

I sent them proof multiple times even escalated as far as I thought I could. It became for me a waste of time as other options were available and after it was hinted to me it was due to the miles driven.

I had an issue previously where I lost a card and hertz sent me a bill for the tolls. Never received such an invoice for the one they claim I didn't pay on that trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.