Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Truck rental (one way) quote improvement over the phone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

I didn't complete my Penske reservation, and received a call from 800-number. Their guy volunteered to find me lower rate. I kept asking him: what will you do different from what I'm doing on the same website screen?

He was adamant that his screen is "different". And yes, he in fact immediately saw a drop-off destination 40mi closer that "saved $80" (he says THEY MUST NEED TRUCKS AT THAT LOCATION)...I hung up on him, checked, and discovered that the $80 lower rate to that destination came with a 1-lesser day of rental, allocated by Penske algorithm for driving to that slightly closer drop-off point. So his assertion THEY MUST NEED TRUCKS AT THAT LOCATION turned out total fantasy; truth was that the TOTAL CHARGE dropped as the number of "free rental days included" got cut. But but but...

...I did find it interesting that his search screen was somehow different from my website screen - so he could automatically see rate improvement nearby, dropping-off still in destination state... What say you?

And has anyone experienced same by talking to BudgetTruck voice or chat?

edit: While on the subject of 16-foot trucks, does any of them get higher MPG? And does 16-foot Budget cabin provide 3 seatbelts vs. only 2 on Penske?

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Oct 20, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.