Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Extremely bad experience with Enterprise - what can I do?

Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Elite

So, last week I booked a car in Heidelberg, Germany. The booking was made with Enterprise, through Expedia.

When I arrived to the rental car office, it became clear that:
1. They did receive the reservation
2. They did not have any cars at all
3. They did nothing to find a solution [prior to my arrival]

After I showed up they told me that they will not be able to honor the reservation. After I yelled at them a bit, they started looking for options - called a few other Enterprise offices in the area, etc. I spent there about 2-3 hours...just to hear: "sorry, dude, no car for you".

As I had my whole trip planned already I had to have a car, so I went to Sixt and rented what they had there. Needless to say, I paid about 3 times more - walk in prices are higher in general and I had to select from what they had, which was only relatively expensive cars.

I complained to Expedia and they gave me some compensation, which however does not even cover the extra cost I paid to Sixt.

I complained to Enterprise, but they shrugged it off - basically telling me that they are not obliged to honor reservations.

Any idea what can I do about this?

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:21 pm

"Not obliged" LOL How do they expect to stay in business with trash answers like that?

All you can really do is leave a bad review of the location. That's what I would do. I know I won't go to a location that has a bad review like that.

Last edited by IAHtraveler; Oct 13, 2017 at 2:53 pm Reason: Removed curse

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.