Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

SEA - Avis PCAR (Taurus) or National LCAR (XTS)...?

Old Jul 1, 17, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys

Yearlong planned trip comes close, excitement increases. Will be 5 weeks, SEA to PHO (pickup MON, 2pm).

At SEA, would you pick Avis pcar or National lcar?
(Avis being cheaper, even with tab)

Thanks for inputs, insights and opinions.
Old Jul 1, 17, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by muricy1 View Post
Hey guys

Yearlong planned trip comes close, excitement increases. Will be 5 weeks, SEA to PHO (pickup MON, 2pm).

At SEA, would you pick Avis pcar or National lcar?
(Avis being cheaper, even with tab)

Thanks for inputs, insights and opinions.
I would go with national IMHO. Did you book directly or through a booking website like priceline? I've noticed I have gotten free upgrades when book directly. Every time I have booked luxury though has been a few times I have gotten full size elite cars with national.

LAX: booked luxury got a C300
LGA: Q50
MCO: volvo s60

Upgrades I've gotten with Avis

Full size: got a Charger RT
Mid size: some mid size SUV I forgot
Old Jul 1, 17, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
I would go with national IMHO. Did you book directly or through a booking website like priceline? I've noticed I have gotten free upgrades when book directly. Every time I have booked luxury though has been a few times I have gotten full size elite cars with national.

LAX: booked luxury got a C300
LGA: Q50
MCO: volvo s60

Upgrades I've gotten with Avis

Full size: got a Charger RT
Mid size: some mid size SUV I forgot
Thanks for answering

I have booked directly with National, and am a member without status (1st time renter). Autoslash was able to get the price down $400.
Will spring for CDW and LIS at the counter, hoping this might reap a benefit re good car...
Avis pcar is backup res, but to avoid no show charge thinking of cancelling this res.

Btw, nice review of the S60!

Last edited by muricy1; Jul 1, 17 at 1:49 pm
Old Jul 2, 17, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by muricy1 View Post
Thanks for answering

I have booked directly with National, and am a member without status (1st time renter). Autoslash was able to get the price down $400.
Will spring for CDW and LIS at the counter, hoping this might reap a benefit re good car...
Avis pcar is backup res, but to avoid no show charge thinking of cancelling this res.

Btw, nice review of the S60!

I am partial towards National as an EE and only preferred with Avis. I tend to do 98% of my rental with national and 2% with Avis if prices are close to each other. I would keep both and cancel the other before the take out time and you'll be fine. I've done this without paying a fee.

Thanks! I like the car but it's to small for me. Exchanged it for a Nissan maxima though and happy with it in terms of space.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: