Premium SUV - Dollar - LAX

Old Jun 18, 17, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Premium SUV - Dollar - LAX - What is the seating configuration?

Wondering if anyone has rented a premium suv from dollar at LAX? I made a reservation back in april and it said it was configured for 8 passengers (on Kayak).. now looking at the car on dollar .. it says its configured for 7 passengers.

Anyone know how the Dollar Premium SUV's are configured, are they in a 2x2x3 or 2x3x3 configuration?

Only other option is see is a 12 seater passenger van ..

Last edited by iridium; Jun 18, 17 at 9:17 pm
Old Jun 25, 17, 2:09 am
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Wondering if anyone has rented a premium suv from dollar at LAX? I made a reservation back in april and it said it was configured for 8 passengers (on Kayak).. now looking at the car on dollar .. it says its configured for 7 passengers.

Anyone know how the Dollar Premium SUV's are configured, are they in a 2x2x3 or 2x3x3 configuration?

Only other option is see is a 12 seater passenger van ..
I think they are being conservative these days and only "guaranteeing" seating for 7 (since some Tahoe/Suburban/etc. configurations do only have 7 seats, and they don't control what specific trim lines they get from the manufacturers), but the chances of actually getting an 8-seater are very high, and so I would personally be very comfortable counting on 8 seats to be available.

They just don't want you making a fuss and demanding compensation in the event they only have a 7-seater available, so they aren't willing to promise a vehicle with seating capacity for 8 during the reservation.