Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - Car Rental - Cost Certainty

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
LHR - Car Rental - Cost Certainty

We rented a car when we last visited the UK and got the hire from Moneysupermarket. I couldn't help but feel we ended up paying probably twice what the car cost us in the up front payment in additional insurances, waivers, deposit (which I'm not sure was fully repaid).

Is there a hard and fast route through this minefield of paying up front and literally picking up a set of keys?

Any help appreciated...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:43 pm

I don't like using brokers precisely because you can end up with discrepancies between what the agent says you've booked and what the rental company system shows.
I always book directly with the rental company. Never accept first quote, look around for offers and promotions - though if high summer or Christmas you'll not get discounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.