Rentals in DEN

Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Rentals in DEN

Been trying for weeks to get a lower rate in Denver. Alamo is typically who I go with, but they have been sold out for a month. How do they sell out of every car weeks/months in advance? Something else at play there.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:45 pm

I have seen during ski season a couple months it show as sold out and then closer to the day they open up more cars based off more exact knowledge of the number of cars they have to rent. They tend to be expensive period during the winter.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:23 pm

fwiw

Originally Posted by fastpoint
Been trying for weeks to get a lower rate in Denver. Alamo is typically who I go with, but they have been sold out for a month. How do they sell out of every car weeks/months in advance? Something else at play there.
a couple of weeks ago i needed a rental at DEN and there was availability, but the rates were truly ridiculous. I happened to check on the Ultimate Rewards site, and found a rental with Budget at half the price, plus got a further discount using Ultimate Reward points. So if you have access to Ultimate Rewards, you might check there [note: when I got to Budget in DEN they had no cars except for a minivan (I had reserved a compact), and you can't use Fastbreak with Ultimate Rewards which is a bummer, especially at DEN].
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:34 am

Just guessing the legalization of marijuana in Colorado is a factor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.