Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

What's the best business class rental company?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive

traveler's,

I'm fairly new to traveling. Over the past 18 months I've been using Enterprise. They are ok.

Does anyone have experience with several companies, such as Avis, National, Budget? If so, could you rate them on the best business rentals?

Also, do either of these companies have better benefits over others? Free rentals, upgrades, etc.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 3:12 pm

You don't say where you are, or where you rent, which would help a lot.

For myself, I have been a long time Hertz customer, and for the most part have had tolerable experiences. I've bounced back and forth between 5* and President's Circle for the past 5 or 6 years. I have found the quality of the cars to be on the decline for most of that time. I have seen lots of odometer readings over 30K.

Benefits and recognition of 5* and President's Circle status has ranged from inconsistent to nonexistent.

In May of this year I learned that National was offering a status match and was offered Executive Platinum against my President's Circle. I decided to give them a shot and so far I have been fairly pleased with them.

I travel every week, throughout the US, so I have seen a pretty broad base of locations (22 hertz so far this year, and 14 National). In general, National's Executive Aisle cars have been much nicer and *much* newer than anything I was getting from Hertz. In Richmond, VA a couple of weeks ago, I got a Chevy Traverse with 4.6 miles on it.

Hertz's free days were relatively easy to use, though I only used them about once per year. Last spring I was able to rent a Mercedes CLA250 for a vacation trip from Portland, OR to Vegas and Reno for a week. Put about 2300 miles on it, and only paid for gas and $48 in taxes/airport fees. I have not yet had a chance to try National's free days, but as I understand it, I earn 1 point for each rental, and a free rental day for every 5 points - so I have 2 free days accumulated with another coming after my next rental.

I will probably try to do 3 more Hertz rentals this year, to maintain my President's Circle status for 2017, but for now, National is working out way better for me.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
I am UK based, renting about 60 days a year. Have been using Europcar and find them excellent. Upgrades when needed (sometimes I really want a small city car).

And get about 7% back on topcashback

So works pretty well for me.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
Thanks for the details.

I'm currently platinum on Enterprise. They are good, but it seems the benefits are not very forthcoming.

I've tried National the past few times, and they have been Ok.

Its mom/pop thing, as they are both the same parent company. I do like the option to pick the vehicle I want though. Although, it seems the National vehicles are dirtier than the Enterprise cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.