Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

what credit cards offer primary rental insurance for SUVs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

Does anyone know if there are any?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doss1
Does anyone know if there are any?
Of course there are. But it may depend on the SUV.

Many primary collision insurance programs don't cover vehicles beyond a certain value limit, so they'll cover a less expensive SUV but may not cover a more expensive SUV.

I had no problems using my Diners Club primary insurance for a collision with a deer which inflicted close to $4k damage on the (fairly ordinary) SUV I'd been upgraded to at Jackson Hole WY airport Avis. Of course, Diners Club North America isn't taking credit card applications now (and who knows if/when they'll restart), so if you don't already have a Diners Club card, that card can't help you. But it's just one example of a card which doesn't care whether it's an SUV per se. (It does care whether the MSRP is under $50k or not, though.)

You may want to look at this thread in the Credit Cards forum:
Its wiki has a list of the cards that offer primary coliision insurance.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 6, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks, that above link answered my question!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.