Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green Motion - Bad Experience

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Green Motion - Bad Experience

I rented a car from Green Motion at Edinburgh Airport. When I returned my car they said they found a 1.5mm crack on the windshield and thus charged me £96. I rented car in various occasions and this is really the first time I was "punished" by a 1.5mm crack from the windshield and this is just insignificant. I think it is fair if the crack is big enough to impact other drivers but I think in this case this is like a SCAM to me. I really have reservation to use this Green Motion again.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:02 am

Go do a search on another forum, one that advises on trips. Sadly there are hundreds and hundreds of complaints about this company. I don't know how this outfit is allowed to keep operating.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:18 am

Angry Shady Outfit

I also had an unpleasant experience with them.

The mark is actually well less then the stipulated 15mm. It was so small, it was very likely it was there when we picked it up. If I did not have a plane to catch, I would have contested the matter on the spot.

The agreement reads:
“At the point of collection please ensure you take adequate opportunity to confirm the condition of your car. Any change in the condition will be attributed to your hire and charges may apply. We operate a damage control system using price matrix. This is available for your inspection on request. For your benefit the summary below confirms what constitutes damage and may , therefore, be chargeable at the end of the rental. Bodywork – Scratches – ANY scratch over 15mm will be charged in line with our matrix. Body – Dents – ANY dent will be charged in line with our matrix.”
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CaseyJones
The mark is actually well less then the stipulated 15mm. It was so small, it was very likely it was there when we picked it up. If I did not have a plane to catch, I would have contested the matter on the spot.
The 15mm you've referenced is for a scratch, which is very different to a crack on the windscreen.

That said, 1.5mm is tiny and certainly not something I'd expect a charge for. I'd be taking this up with your credit card company - either as a chargeback (warranted I'd say, especially given the comments regarding this company on the internet), or via an insurance claim presuming your credit card offers insurance of some form. I can't see them paying out on the claim, but if they don't then that would justify a chargeback!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Holy thread resurrection!!

News today that a couple of car rental consolidation sites (one was Holiday Autos) have blacklisted Green Motion for dubious practices and receipt of a large number of complaints about claims for non-existent damage. I also see that at least one of the hire car insurance companies will also not cover Green Motion hires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.