Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by trajanc
Alamo corp id 299851 still works. Vroom Vroom code, anyone can use. Best for weekly rental. Includes insurance.
Do you have any information about the terms for that CID?

On one hand, it seems to me it's pretty safe - if you can really skip the line as jimmywalt indicated, then who's going to ask you for ID?

On the other hand, if you get in an accident, will you really be covered by the insurance?

Last edited by flightexpert; Nov 6, 2014 at 11:54 am
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, EY, IHG
Originally Posted by jimmywalt
HOLY COW! That is incredible on my rental that I just booked. Includes - Unlimited mileage, Cdw-allocation, Ep-extended protection, Customer facility Chrg, Concession Recoupement fee, tire/battery fee, Florida surcharge, Vehicle License fee!!!!!!!!

I only had to pay a couple dollars in sales tax! Total cost only $210!!!!!!!!!

But what is the code for??? Will I be asked for ID???? I sure hope not!

Just Googled "Alamo Vroom Vroom code" and found out that I don't even have to go to the check in counter. You got right to the garage to obtain the rental agreement and vehicle keys!
That's a good rate - maybe a problem with the insurance if you get into an accident, though. If you can't confirm you won't need ID for this code, I would make another backup reservation (I know this is probably your Avis backup already).

My research about eligibility for this code was inconclusive.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by flightexpert

On one hand, it seems to me it's pretty safe - if you can really skip the line as jimmywalt indicated, then who's going to ask you for ID?

On the other hand, if you get in an accident, will you really be covered by the insurance?
No info except I have used it for about two years. No hassles yet. Originally heard about it on a Trip Advisor forum. I never rely on the rental co's insurance, always have my own coverage, so yeah, use at your own risk. The T code was better for a time but this seems to be best right now.

Last edited by trajanc; Nov 6, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Alamo using Costco corp id and code for free day from car rental savers is $136.
Holy Cow, appreciate the help but I waited until now to try to book, and everything has gone through the roof. Didn't know rental car rate fluctuates so much. What is my best bet now? Should I wait around and see if the price comes down again?

Here's what I'm looking to book, 178 was the cheapest I got on my own 2-3 weeks ago, but now following tatterdema's advice, the best on car rental saver is $256. Can someone help me get a better rate or should I just slap myself and book now?

Pick up from DAL (Dallas Love)
Thu, Nov 27, 2014 3:00pm

Return to HOU (Houston Hobby)
Tue, Dec 2, 2014, 5:00pm

Thanks again!

Last edited by NYC101; Nov 7, 2014 at 8:07 am
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by flightexpert

Hi Flightexpert....

It says.....

Don't Like Waiting In Line?.
Use Alamo's kiosk and you will be on your way faster.
When you use the kiosk, you don't need to visit the counter. You can go straight to your car.
This optional service is offered free of charge at this location.
To use the kiosk, you will be required to confirm your protection options, agree to the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions, and enter a valid credit card. (No change is made until you return your vehicle.)

As far as insurance, my own car insurance covers me in rentals so it really doesn't matter.

Now my next question is.... Anyone know where the Alamo kiosk is located at Ft Myers, FL airport (RSW)?

Thank you.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by NYC101
Holy Cow, appreciate the help but I waited until now to try to book, and everything has gone through the roof. Didn't know rental car rate fluctuates so much. What is my best bet now? Should I wait around and see if the price comes down again?

Here's what I'm looking to book, 178 was the cheapest I got on my own 2-3 weeks ago, but now following tatterdema's advice, the best on car rental saver is $256. Can someone help me get a better rate or should I just slap myself and book now?

Pick up from DAL (Dallas Love)
Thu, Nov 27, 2014 3:00pm

Return to HOU (Houston Hobby)
Tue, Dec 2, 2014, 5:00pm

Thanks again!
Try autoslash.com. They will check several times a day for a lower rate and rebook.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jimmywalt
Hi Flightexpert....

It says.....

Don't Like Waiting In Line?.
Use Alamo's kiosk and you will be on your way faster.
When you use the kiosk, you don't need to visit the counter. You can go straight to your car.
This optional service is offered free of charge at this location.
To use the kiosk, you will be required to confirm your protection options, agree to the Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions, and enter a valid credit card. (No change is made until you return your vehicle.)

As far as insurance, my own car insurance covers me in rentals so it really doesn't matter.

Now my next question is.... Anyone know where the Alamo kiosk is located at Ft Myers, FL airport (RSW)?

Thank you.
https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rent...l-airport.html

FWIW, Many smaller airports do not have working kiosks, even though they say they do.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:37 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Cracking Down at Alamo

Used a discount code recently and was read the riot act from the Alamo agent when I tried to check-in. Not a fun encounter at all. It was a 651..... code. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience. And the rate was only about $10 cheaper than a normal rate except for the included insurance. User beware
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
No info except I have used it for about two years. No hassles yet. Originally heard about it on a Trip Advisor forum. I never rely on the rental co's insurance, always have my own coverage, so yeah, use at your own risk. The T code was better for a time but this seems to be best right now.
I too, have used the VVV code for about a year with no probs, HOWEVER, watch the extended daily rate in the fine print of the contract you sign onsite. I got burned returning a car at SFO more than 3 hrs late and my incredibly cheap $30/day SUV rate shot up to $90/day, retroactively applied to the entire rental period. I was able to call Alamo the next day and get them to reduce it, but beware!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: Diamond: HH & BW. PlatElite: IHG. Exp: Hyatt. Gold: UA & Bonvoy
Request

Airport code: BOS (Boston / Logan Airport)

pickup 12/22, 3pm
dropoff 12/26, 7am

Economy

Have tried, priceline, hotwire, alamo/costco, auto slash and a few other direct sites in which codes posted here are no longer valid...Most everything with fees and taxes is $290+.

Dollar was $264 (couldn't find any valid codes)

Cheapest I can find is carrentals if I pay upfront at $236...Anyone have any other valid codes?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:56 am

So you been renting it from the counter or Kiosk? No questions was asked at the counter.
Tempted to use it for my upcoming 20 days trip
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:06 pm

Angry ISIC

What happened to the ISIC code??

It was one of the best codes. Please help, I have a trip!!!

Help is really appreciated
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:59 pm

Would this work in Australia and Newzealand? Or anyone know where to find better deal?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
Would this work in Australia and Newzealand? Or anyone know where to find better deal?
Car rentals in New Zealand are very expensive. The best i could do was use Ace and their 15% off summer promotion. Was about 35 USD per day after that.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kidrah
Car rentals in New Zealand are very expensive. The best i could do was use Ace and their 15% off summer promotion. Was about 35 USD per day after that.
Can you please give me more details about Ace and 15%? I could not understand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.