Alamo Discount Codes

    Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 15, 19, 5:01 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: IBJoel
Wiki Link
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 21, 17, 3:07 pm
  #1126  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: UA, AA, SW, Hilton, Hertz, Dollar, National (new Fav)
Posts: 43
FYI all:

There is apparently a hidden coupon currently for Alamo through costco.com. The coupon is not appearing on the Costco.com/Alamo page as usual.

I could not match the same exact rate on Alamo.com using the Costco ID code as I prefer to log-in and use my Insider profile to reserve. The Alamo.com rate was always a bit higher, so I tried reserving it through costco.com and on the confirmation, it displayed an additional coupon code for $25 off. Not sure what the requirements/expiration are for this coupon though. I was reserving a standard SUV in Vancouver on an April weekend.
CALIF65GM is offline  
Old Mar 26, 17, 2:51 pm
  #1127  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,482
your note below is of interest to my next reservation; however, I'm not seeing what you are seeing. At Alamo.com using (costcotravel's) contractID (which is showing in their terms&conditions), I get precisely same price as I get on costcotravel.com

I'm further anticipating two possible advantages booking directly on alamo.com:
a coupon code (as opposed to contractID) can additionally be entered - is there any current Alamo coupon? - and of course, you can initiate your alamo.com booking from cashback websites - whereas costcotravel.com is not hooked up with any cashback website(a guaranteed upfront loss for any rube using costcotravel.com to book any travel whatsoever!!!)
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM View Post
FYI all:

There is apparently a hidden coupon currently for Alamo through costco.com. The coupon is not appearing on the Costco.com/Alamo page as usual.

I could not match the same exact rate on Alamo.com using the Costco ID code as I prefer to log-in and use my Insider profile to reserve. The Alamo.com rate was always a bit higher, so I tried reserving it through costco.com and on the confirmation, it displayed an additional coupon code for $25 off. Not sure what the requirements/expiration are for this coupon though. I was reserving a standard SUV in Vancouver on an April weekend.
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 17, 10:50 am
  #1128  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Programs: 24 million points to burn!
Posts: 1,511
Not sure where to post this question, so maybe the mods can shuffle it to the right thread: I know that Enterprise owns Alamo. On my upcoming Alamo rental, can I use an Enterprise e-cert to pay for the Alamo rental? Thanks so much for your help!
Preacher7 is offline  
Old Apr 1, 17, 9:43 am
  #1129  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,482
carrentalsavers list a dozen discounts for Alamo. The 20% off codes are actually named. However, the additional $25 off weekly codes are not named. Googling them seems a lengthy chase. Any success combining 20% off with a $25 off coupon code (and what is this code?)
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 2:42 am
  #1130  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 2,342
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
carrentalsavers list a dozen discounts for Alamo. The 20% off codes are actually named. However, the additional $25 off weekly codes are not named. Googling them seems a lengthy chase. Any success combining 20% off with a $25 off coupon code (and what is this code?)
Post #1119 and #1123 . Not vouching for them, but they do work.
tatterdema is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 7:57 am
  #1131  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,482
Originally Posted by tatterdema View Post
Post #1119 and #1123 . Not vouching for them, but they do work.
I appreciate your hesitation, cuz it's for Latin American drivers only. So it takes $25 off on-line; but renting from a neighborhood counter may get awkward with a U.S. license...I can't believe no one can come up with the $25 code, while carrentalsavers say there exist two of them with late 2017 expiry
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 8:05 am
  #1132  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
I've never seen someone asking me to present a coupon I used to make my reservation.
Just use it. If any questions just say you get offers through email from Alamo, period.
geek is offline  
Old Apr 2, 17, 2:31 pm
  #1133  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 2,342
This took me about 3 minutes on google. Try it.... AD2823JAG. Or this one AD8349SBD. No idea what the T & C's are.
tatterdema is offline  
Old Apr 21, 17, 9:34 pm
  #1134  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Hello

Im looking for a rental for 30 day at LAX.
Tried vroom Vroom contract id and got a error (Currently there are no vehicles available for the date and time you selected.)

Ive got a $1000,00 rental for a SUV with LATAM codes.
Looking for anything cheaper.

Please help here.
Evandro Dutra Costa is offline  
Old Apr 21, 17, 9:58 pm
  #1135  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St Louis, MO
Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Posts: 2,927
Have you tried splitting it into two, 2 week periods?
pkerr is offline  
Old Jun 9, 17, 2:28 pm
  #1136  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 47
AD2822SPP $25 off $175 or more, min 5 days, exp 8/17/2017

AD3868JST $25 off, min 5 days (full-size or above).

Free double upgrade: AU4368BJZ, min 4 days, exp July 14, 2017.

Use Contact ID LACDISC for 15% off.
ncben is offline  
Old Jun 12, 17, 9:27 pm
  #1137  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: CX DM
Posts: 13
Does anybody have a good code for London Heathrow Airport Rental?
27th June to 11th July.

Thanks!
pikotw888 is offline  
Old Aug 7, 17, 7:52 pm
  #1138  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: AC & HH
Posts: 71
Hello all,

Does anyone have any codes for a rental at LAX? Would be much appreciated!
Oapos is offline  
Old Aug 8, 17, 12:47 am
  #1139  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by Oapos View Post
Hello all,

Does anyone have any codes for a rental at LAX? Would be much appreciated!
Coupon code AD2365FDN = $ 30 discount
bedeve is offline  
Old Aug 8, 17, 2:51 pm
  #1140  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by bedeve View Post
Coupon code AD2365FDN = $ 30 discount
^^
geek is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: