Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Darn new Alamo website!

That new website design continues to have glitches.
When I reserve a vehicle on any of the car websites...I only use my First initial plus Full last name....usually no problem.
The new Alamo website won't bring up an existing reservation with only 1 letter for a first name. However when I call their 800 line....it is there. Kinda a pain if wanting to cancel .....you have to call.Clearly, I will use my full first name for future reservations.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Is there a current code that works as well as the T code did?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:20 pm

I just put in an online reservation through Alamo using 66777D? When I go to rent this car am I going to have to provide any additional info/proof?

Last edited by Jsheehan310; Mar 18, 2013 at 10:57 am
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Seriously?

Originally Posted by Jsheehan310
I just put in an online reservation through Alamo using 66777D? I called to find out what this was. The Alamo rep said it was a travel agent code (t code ?). When I go to rent this car am I going to have to provide any additional info/proof?
Why on earth do you think it would be a good idea to call Alamo and ask them about a code you found on the Internet that you're obviously not authorized to use? That's a sure way to get the code killed.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate
Why on earth do you think it would be a good idea to call Alamo and ask them about a code you found on the Internet that you're obviously not authorized to use? That's a sure way to get the code killed.
Great point you have there...my conv didnt start that way, but when I found the rep didn't seem to know up from down . I chose to risk it.

Last edited by Jsheehan310; Mar 18, 2013 at 10:58 am
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:05 am

Programs: HH Silver
People should have to have a certain number of posts before they can read the discount code threads.... Just a thought.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by tatterdema
People should have to have a certain number of posts before they can read the discount code threads.... Just a thought.
Why do we not have a specific T code thread? That way the rest of us don't have to shuffle through pages of "can someone pm me the code" posts and look for New Discount Codes like this thread was intended.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:39 pm

Used T code to book at MCO but only a mid-size SUV is offered. I've used the code several times (HOU, IAH, AUS) and been able to rent various models so it seems odd only the SUV shows up. Anybody experienced this?

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by houstonmama
Used T code to book at MCO but only a mid-size SUV is offered. I've used the code several times (HOU, IAH, AUS) and been able to rent various models so it seems odd only the SUV shows up. Anybody experienced this?

Thanks!
Yes. For LAS April 21-28 it originally back in Jan only showed mid size suv, mini van and convert. Now it only shows convert. It looks like at certain destinations only a certain amount of inventory is available for use with that code. Meaning the later you book the fewer options you could have available.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:45 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
I had the exact same experience as trajanc for LAS. Going there in two days -- booked it back in January. But, not a big deal for me -- since I wanted the SUV anyhow.

- John...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:35 pm

Don't mess someone else's plans up because you are "code nervous"

Originally Posted by plagwate
What the freakin' what? I spent an ENTIRE DAY, that I could have spent with my family, working through codes to get us a decent price on a rental. That was the only code I could get to work and give a decent price and JSheehan may have blown it all to heck by CALLING AND ASKING!? Those are just silly shenanigans, dude.

JSheehan..Don't be a code wus. Use it and act like you mean it. That works 99% of the time (for many things in life).
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:05 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Bah. I can't get the online check-in stuff to work (and I used the T code)... I go through the process and either get one of two things:

1. A message that says that a "Return departure date is required" even though there is no space to fill this in! After some research, I've learned that that is only supposed to be when using a debit card -- which I'm NOT trying to use! If I try another card, then I sometimes make it to what should be the final page, but instead I get:

2. A blank page that just says "This is your template error page (error.jsp). Please update accordingly." Which basically means that it is throwing some unknown error, but their developers didn't even bother to change the default templates!! Wow -- that is pretty bad!

Also, I thought the T code was supposed to include additional drivers at no cost? It is suddenly trying to add $10/day to my 10-day rental to try to add an additional driver... Hmmm...

- John...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:28 pm

I had the same experience but when I checked in online I picked the additional driver and the cost went to zero. As for PHONING that is exactly why I haven't and will not be posting the next incarnation of the code. Don't ask I won't give it up it's out there go look for it.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by maniac78
I had the same experience but when I checked in online I picked the additional driver and the cost went to zero. As for PHONING that is exactly why I haven't and will not be posting the next incarnation of the code. Don't ask I won't give it up it's out there go look for it.
I have to agree. I'm in no way anyway sort of expert travel wizard. However, with 5-7 minutes of effort I have always managed to find any code "mentioned" on the board -- even the obtuse mentions.

I'm extremely ticked off to find my private message box filled with whiners begging me to send them the "magic code."
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
trying to book a car in Italy (TRS) and none of the usual suspects seem to be working which is quite disheartening
anyone have any useful suggestions as right now i'm striking out big time!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.