Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Old May 10, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by mith
I think I waited too long and might not be able to get the entertainment book (unless it is available at some local bookstore?)
Does it make sense to sign up for the online membership in order to receive coupons for enterprise=
PM me with your address and I'll mail the coupons to you out of my book. They expire 6/30/09.
Old May 19, 2008, 4:49 pm

Does anyone know where the coupon code #AD3829mrb for Alamo came from? Do you know if there is any way I can print this coupon? I am afraid when I go to Alamo counter at car care center they will require the coupon to get discount.
Old May 23, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by snickers
Does anyone know where the coupon code #AD3829mrb for Alamo came from? Do you know if there is any way I can print this coupon? I am afraid when I go to Alamo counter at car care center they will require the coupon to get discount.
Acc to this site, it's an e-coupon and no printout is required.

http://www.carrentalsavers.com/alamo.html
Old May 31, 2008, 2:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; Hilton Honors
What do the enterprise coupons actually get you?
Old Jun 8, 2008, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by getdev
What do the enterprise coupons actually get you?
a lot of money put back into your bank account!!

this website has a treasure trove of discount codes and many of them are actually legitimate without needing to belong to any group or hold any sort of membership (just plain old discounts for neighborhood rentals or for airport rentals)

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/enterprise.com
Old Jul 5, 2008, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by snickers
I've used it 8 times and have never been asked for a coupon. As long as you put it in when you book the reservation you should be fine. If you're really worried, just check in at the automated kiosk
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Alamo/ Costco disc. + E.B. cert.

I just got a great rate ($116 all-in for mid-size) for a week in Maui booking thru the Costco website and then putting in the coupon code for an Entertainment Book $20 discount (AD3397JJO). I was surprised it allowed me to combine the two. This is for January, 2009. I'm sure they will ask for the coupon. Second driver free too.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 3:04 pm

Need to show proof?

Where do the codes from retailmenot.com come from? And do I need to show any proof of the code or discount when I pick-up my vehicle? I was able to use one of the codes from that site for a Enterprise reservation at the Denver Airport and was able to save over $50 on a rental. I was just curious as to what, if anything, I would need once I get to the rental counter as far as proof of my code.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by reddawngrl
Was fishing around the alamo website tonight and found this.

"To receive the government contractor rate, request CORP ID J3 when making your reservation

For some reason it gives me double price for a 2 week rental in Florida. $514 for a mid-size vehicle while ID #675899 gives me ~$325 for the same vehicle.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by pointsgirl
Hey all...

I am going to be traveling to Florida on June 16th and returning June 24th. Anyone know of any codes for a rental car? I am going to be landing at Fort Myers.

Thanks in advance!!!
So, how was your stay? I'm off to Disney next week. Any pointers from you? And if everything works out then I'll be visiting Florida several times per year.. FWIW, Icelandair is the go. XOXOXO
Old Nov 29, 2008, 8:10 pm

My stay was nice...but the rental car was expensive. Of course it could have been that we had a convertable...even though I didnt think we needed one..but hey...It was still a good vacation.
Actually.... I might be able to help you out...email me....you know my email address.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:41 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
$25 Off Weekly Alamo Rates!

* Reserve a Compact through Luxury car, Minivan, SUV or Convertible in the United States.
* Offer valid for rentals picked up by 3/31/09.
* Requires a 5-day minimum rental.
* 28-day maximum rental.
Coupon Code: AD6974JDM
Old Jan 1, 2009, 10:51 am

Alamo Rate/Product Codes

Alamo:

I used AS1 a rate/product code recently. It's apparently for a travel agency based in South America. I had no trouble checking in through the kiosk.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by rogue409
Alamo:

I used AS1 a rate/product code recently. It's apparently for a travel agency based in South America. I had no trouble checking in through the kiosk.
$30 / day is what I am getting with this.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:34 am

Alamo Hawaii Rates

We are going to Hawaii in February and I was looking for some good rates on convertibles. I know that Alamo & Budget have the $179.99/wk rate right now.

However, I fiddled with some rate codes and got that deal, plus the Entertainment contract discount 10%, plus the $25off/wk rental code. $266.08 for 9 days in Maui in a convertible (less than $30/day out the door).

Only thing that could be better was if it included LDW.

USE:
Contract: 7014302 (Entertainment.com 10% off)
Rate Code: QVWHI (Hawaii convertible/small SUV/regular SUV promo rates)
Coupon: AD62435KC ($25 off a weekly rental)

If anyone knows of a better Contract (bigger % off) or a better coupon (more than $25 per week), let me konw.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.