Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

St. John's, Canada (YYT) - Will they wait past closing time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

This airport has an Avis, a Budget and an Enterprise location. I don't have a preference.

My flight is scheduled to land 12 minutes after the posted closing time for all the car rental locations. I have no way of cathing an earlier flight.

Is there any way I could still convince any of these to stay open and wait for me or perhaps arrange for a different way of picking up the car? What would be the best way of going about this (beside just giving up)?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:22 pm

Hertz held 10 minutes past their closing time when my flight was delayed as they had my flight data. Have you tried calling them? 12 minutes + the time that you need to exit the airport does seem a bit long though.

Have you thought about renting in the morning from a city location or returning to the when everything reopens at 6am?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:26 am
Original Poster

I called, and was told that closing time is closing time, but was still hoping there may be a way around it. Unfortunately a city location is not an option, there simply isn't one within reasonable distance of downtown that I could find.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:59 am

You could always make a reservation and hope that your flight is early and that there are still staff hanging around to process your reservation.

Alternatively, you could kick back for a few hours at the 24-hour Tim Hortons until Hertz opens at 6am if you really need a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.