FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rental Car Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion-745/)
-   -   Florida drive out 2016? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rental-car-discussion/1737061-florida-drive-out-2016-a.html)

Exiled in Express Jan 6, 2016 6:09 pm

Florida drive out 2016?

Have any of the rental companies posted their Florida drive out terms yet? I made a pretty decent roadtrip out of it last year and would like to repeat.

Littlepage Feb 9, 2016 3:00 pm

Drive out of Florida at Alamo and Enterprise

Drive Out of Florida 2016 is now being offered at Alamo and Enterprise. No special advertising or codes that I have seen. Just put in the trip you want. Rates are running about $9.95 a day for up to full size.

Auto Enthusiast Feb 9, 2016 6:25 pm

Avis is advertising.

stupiduglyllama Feb 10, 2016 3:05 am

I tried plugging in Orlando to Nashville on loads of dates and prices don't seem to be any better on Avis's offers page below. I'm trying to get a deal between 8th May to the 22nd...

https://www.avis.com/car-rental/deal..._floridaoneway

stupiduglyllama Feb 10, 2016 3:24 am

I'm a UK resident, and the prices don't change on Avis's website...but if I say I am from the USA, the prices drop away to the expected amount. If I then pay with my UK credit card, will this be valid? Any thoughts?

AutoSlash Feb 11, 2016 6:35 am

Originally Posted by stupiduglyllama (Post 26161359)
I'm a UK resident, and the prices don't change on Avis's website...but if I say I am from the USA, the prices drop away to the expected amount. If I then pay with my UK credit card, will this be valid? Any thoughts?

It won't be a problem. If you have a confirmed price from the website they will honor it. The agents at the rental counter really don't concern themselves with these sorts of things and the counter reservation system doesn't do any sort of checks.

Remember that someone from another country could just go to Avis.com and book there. It's easy to miss the little country selector to choose your country of residence. They're not going to turn you away just because you chose the wrong country.

stupiduglyllama Feb 11, 2016 7:48 am

Good stuff, I thought the the same thing and went for it. Thanks!

guv1976 Feb 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by stupiduglyllama
Good stuff, I thought the the same thing and went for it. Thanks!

But it's possible that the rates for UK residents will include insurance coverage that the drive-out rates do not. If that's important to you, it's best to check.

wilma one Feb 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Hertz

Does anyone know if Hertz will have a FL drive out this spring?

rrohio Feb 25, 2016 11:01 am

Hertz has had it for a couple of weeks now. I don't know of it is advertised but I have 4 different one ways out of Florida booked from April-June. Have reservations made on Hertz, Avis & Travelocity websites

wilma one Feb 25, 2016 12:09 pm

Thanks rrohio! I was looking for it on their discounts page, but it's not there yet. I didn't think to just try to book it and see what happens. :)

SinglePapa2 Feb 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by rrohio (Post 26242623)
Hertz has had it for a couple of weeks now. I don't know of it is advertised but I have 4 different one ways out of Florida booked from April-June. Have reservations made on Hertz, Avis & Travelocity websites

What's the advantage of Travelocity?

wilma one Feb 29, 2016 9:34 am

Does anyone know if there's a AAA PC that will work with this drive out?

Earthlings Mar 1, 2016 11:26 pm

Thanks.

Since in March/April is Spring Break, I wonder how safe the cars will be when driving out of Florida? Oil changes, break checks, fluid, etc?

writerguyfl Mar 2, 2016 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Earthlings (Post 26270498)
Since in March/April is Spring Break, I wonder how safe the cars will be when driving out of Florida? Oil changes, break checks, fluid, etc?

I'm confused by this question. How would Spring Break impact the routine maintenance of rental cars?