Dollar rental prepaid voucher

Old Oct 10, 15, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
Dollar rental prepaid voucher

We rented thru' Fort Myers last week on a pre-paid voucher, 2 drivers with CDW and fuel (Dollar Express). Usual problem of not showing our name at the kiosk "due to our computer system"..but we were processed anyway.

When we looked at the receipt, they had charged for fuel and we returned to the kiosk. They said the fuel hadn't been paid for. Undeterred, we went to the main desk with our voucher showing clearly the full package had been prepaid.

To give the manager and guy in the kiosk their due, they eventually agreed fuel had been paid. I guess they're not set up for international travellers.

On checking online with our UK agent, they emailed the original acknowledgement from Dollar showing full package +fuel. So I will be checking my receipt carefully in future. It's a pain trying to get a refund after they've charged your CC.
Old Oct 14, 15, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*
The changeover to the Hertz computer systems may have something to do with it,there are many problems with prepaid vouchers. I know that in the old system you were not allowed to earn Express credits on a prepaid voucher (the way it was setup)& I'm sure that has not changed with the new system since its even more restrictive. IMO, if the fuel is included in the voucher, the manager could have put a note on your contract to bring it back empty and tried to correct it later.
Old Oct 29, 15, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
Dollar

Yes, he did! But when we picked up another car later in the month, we were again told pre-paid fuel was not included, despite paying for it.

It would appear you can now only pre-pay for fuel at the kiosk on the day, so if you take their Platinum package which includes additional driver, CDW and additional liability, plus a full tank of fuel (take out full, bring back empty) the fuel is not included despite prepaying for it.

Why do we need the additional cover? (UK drivers do not have rental car liability cover with their own auto insurance). Our auto insurance is much more restrictive.

Very few cars available even at noon either at Phoenix or Ft Myers.

Search this Thread