Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Alamo Counter Rep Wanted To Argue With Me About Insurance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo Counter Rep Wanted To Argue With Me About Insurance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfmaz
Strange interaction yesterday when I was picking up an Alamo rental -- the rep at the counter insisted my AMEX Premium Car Rental insurance paid secondary (obviously trying to spook me into buying their CDW). I told him it was primary. He continued to push back until I got fed up and told him that, whether he wanted to continue the discussion or not, that AMEX paid primary and in the (rare) event of some problem there would be no problem for Alamo to work with AMEX. He insisted that they would run any claim through my car insurance company, and that AMEX was "my business".

Are these people nuts?
Times are tough and car rental places like every other business are shaking the trees.... *LOL*

Consider also most all vehicle rental counter agents are basically a type of sales agent. They usually are given a cut of whatever extras are sold and or performance graded on how much product they move.

In case anyone did not know this; no, counter agents are not asking about insurance, GPS, infant seats or whatever just to be nice.... *LOL*

To prevent this sort of hard sell NYS IIRC requires a notice posted near or on the counter spelling out where credit card insurance fits within the parameters of a vehicle rental. It is also spelling out in the rental agreement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.