Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with Silvercar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Silvercar shout out!

We rented from Slivercar while in Arizona (PHX). Rented an Audi Q5 for the three-day trip to the Grand Canyon then swapped for an A4 once we got back to Phoenix. It's the second time we've rented from Silvercar, the first time was in SFO. Each time we were thrilled with the rental app and pick-up process and the pleasure of driving a German-made machine. And yea, you actually know what car you're renting.

I'll continue to use Silvercar when traveling for pleasure (i.e on my dime). It's a damn fun car to drive and the rental process is a breeze compared to the cattle call rental car agencies. Plus, if you search for a discount code you can get a Silvercar for the same price as your grandfather's Buick.

Cheers!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
We had a great experience in PHX. Rented a Q5 for the 3-day trip to the Grand Canyon and then swapped it for an A4 once we got back to Phoenix. Two separate rentals (wasn't planned that way but worked out better). Really nice pick-up and drop-off from the PHX location.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I hope Silvercar expands to Maui. OGG is one of the rental car circles of hell, along with LAX and MCO.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I’m planning a trip around New England and New Brunswick for next year (2020) and was planning to pick up a rental car in Boston - any idea if Silvercar is planning a location there any time soon?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:40 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by strickerj
I’m planning a trip around New England and New Brunswick for next year (2020) and was planning to pick up a rental car in Boston - any idea if Silvercar is planning a location there any time soon?
They said, "hopefully soon"
... in 2015.

Seriously though, it does look like they were recently recruiting for a location manager and rental agents in the Boston area, so you may get lucky.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
They said, "hopefully soon" hopefully soon ... in 2015.

Seriously though, it does look like they were recently recruiting for a location manager and rental agents in the Boston area, so you may get lucky.
Oh, well... it is still a year and a half away, so we’ll see. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Renting Silvercar in Denver this summer. It looks like our paths might have us take the E-470 toll road. Does anyone have any experience on how Silvercar handles the charges on this toll road? Apparently, transponders will not work on this road.

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dayone
I hope Silvercar expands to Maui. OGG is one of the rental car circles of hell, along with LAX and MCO.
A workaround until Silvercar decides to expand to OGG: sign up for National's emerald aisle or executive aisle. We rented from them on our last 2 trips to Maui and it was LIFE CHANGING. You go out to the lot and pick your car and drive away. Saved us an hour compared with previous rentals from Avis & others. Nothing says "Welcome to Paradise" worse than standing in those awful lines and then being told your car isn't ready yet and you have to stand in another line as they process & wash returns.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:48 am

Do the Q5s come with a trunk cover? One thing I've noticed about renting SUVs is they don't come with covers, so your bags are left out in the open.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kenbo
Do the Q5s come with a trunk cover? One thing I've noticed about renting SUVs is they don't come with covers, so your bags are left out in the open.
Do not recall seeing one. Perhaps request ahead?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:50 pm

FLL

A4 for 4 days... first time.
Followed instructions in email confirm/app downloaded a few days in advance, all info entered as requested (read online people complaining they cancelled , but all ended up bc they didnt read instructions).
Had submitted request for 2 convertible car seats a few days in advance, all good.
Overall: LOVED, clean, fun car, car seats awesome and clean and safe, friendly and helpful service.

Little Gripe: arrival was a little rough. I'm glad I didnt have my two toddlers with me (wife and kids arrived a few hours later, after I picked up the car). Instructions were clear enough, and said to wait to call/tap arrived button until at the car rental shuttle stop. I followed. The tap basically tells them to come get you, which I understand they dont want to *tell* you that and you request while on the plane or across a different terminal. But... it took 10 mins to get to that shuttle stop, then another 10 minutes for the driver to come. Then go back to Silvercar depot, then install car seats, etc.... just... that extra 10 minutes compounds i guess.

Made up for on return... texted them (you communicate that way with a human, AWESOME)... I was 10 minutes out and running tight. Someone jumped into the car, drove right to curbside drop off, took out kids, luggage, tipped the guy and off we went... that alone was worth it!!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Just did a LAS rental. I texted them when I was on the bus to the rental car facility and an agent was waiting with my car outside the consolidated rental facility.

Do note they can only drop you back at the rental car facility, not LAS, so I paid $11 for an Uber back to the terminal.
This was from almost 2 years ago... any experiences since? I was hoping that after going to their facility, I could have them take me to the terminal, NOT the rental facility... to me, that would be worth the premium over Hertz right now... to skip that sometimes HORRIBLE line for buses back to the terminal
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kenbo
I don’t recall seeing one when I had the Q5 at IAD.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:28 pm

I have rented from LAS 4 times. Only once did they take me direct to the terminal. I think it could depend on staffing.
levilevi likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got an email that Silvercar will be starting service at BOS on 4/15. Their location is a little far away (235 Marginal Street Chelsea, MA 02150) but it's always good to have another location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.