Experiences with Silvercar

Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A bit off-topic, but membership in the Audi select program includes a credit for up to 2 days of Silvercar per month. Unclear if the credits are cumulative.

Silvercar could provide a platform for Audi to offer additional car subscription options.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by dayone
A bit off-topic, but membership in the Audi select program includes a credit for up to 2 days of Silvercar per month. Unclear if the credits are cumulative.

Silvercar could provide a platform for Audi to offer additional car subscription options.
For how much a month? My mortgage isn't that a month, including taxes!
ginmqi likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:18 pm

Heh yeah, lot of the luxury brands are coming out with these monthly car subscription services now. I think BMW and Mercedes have them, Cadillac I believe also has one, and they can go to 2000-3000 a month...depending on what plan you choose.

While it is certainly quite expensive, I guess it does have its perks if you are constantly leasing or have a new car payment anyway. It covers insurance, maintenance, car cleaning, and you can drive different cars each month.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Did VINFINITE die? It's not working tonight for a mid-December trip to LAX.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Did VINFINITE die? It's not working tonight for a mid-December trip to LAX.
Visa Infinite cardholders receive up to 30% off. Validate your card to receive your promotion code, which you’ll apply at time of booking.
Validator
EkekoBWI likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:59 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I tried the A5 Cabriolet on a weekday, and it was great! They're very expensive on weekends though.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: CSR, SW CP.
How is SilverCar in LAX? I need a 4 day rental and while they're a bit more than Alamo it would be worth it knowing I get to avoid the annoying shuttle bus. I've seen a lot of conflicting info online saying that sometimes they use a shuttle bus, sometimes they send a lyft and sometimes they pick you up in the car you're renting.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by backfire103
How is SilverCar in LAX? I need a 4 day rental and while they're a bit more than Alamo it would be worth it knowing I get to avoid the annoying shuttle bus. I've seen a lot of conflicting info online saying that sometimes they use a shuttle bus, sometimes they send a lyft and sometimes they pick you up in the car you're renting.
I had to use a shuttle bus to/from the Silvercar lot, but this was around a year ago so things may have changed.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Productivity
Any recent experiences with the fleet/service in Denver? Never used Silvercar, but considering them.
So I've used Silvercar at DEN twice now. Circling back here, the experience with Silvercar itself is great, once you get there. They are located at the Canopy Parking Lot, which is 15-20 minutes drive away. The drive itself isn't too bad (some construction going on), but both times, it has taken 30+ minutes for pickup (and others waiting there have been waiting for longer). Due to everyone waiting so long, people are irritated and one time the driver was highly combative with the passengers (verbally) when they were experiencing reasonable frustration (admittedly it's not the drivers fault).

I love the Silvercar experience generally, feels premium, good product but the transfer in DEN is far less than premium. Will probably keep using it when there is a good price, but it's not perfect.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I am planning to pick up downtown SF and drop off airport SF. Even with $75 surcharge for one way drop off, their prices were competitive with the other companies.

One question, family of 4 renting the Q5. Will trunk fit three 25" suitcases. Based on measurements of 28 cubic feet, I think it should.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
One question, family of 4 renting the Q5. Will trunk fit three 25" suitcases. Based on measurements of 28 cubic feet, I think it should.
Yes.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:40 am

I am new to Silvercar and only found out about them via Autoslash(thanks!), but I had a question about double dipping on a their discounts. I am staying 4 days in Las Vegas and wanted to try the SilverCar location there and found a discount code that allows for a free day; so I decided to reserve for two days and made a second reservation for the remaining two days to allow for 2/4 days being free. Anyone have tried this method and will SilverCar deny my reservation? Technically, they are two separate reservations and it beats the xx% discounts that I've seen.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by humansoul
I am new to Silvercar and only found out about them via Autoslash(thanks!), but I had a question about double dipping on a their discounts. I am staying 4 days in Las Vegas and wanted to try the SilverCar location there and found a discount code that allows for a free day; so I decided to reserve for two days and made a second reservation for the remaining two days to allow for 2/4 days being free. Anyone have tried this method and will SilverCar deny my reservation? Technically, they are two separate reservations and it beats the xx% discounts that I've seen.
So, you used the "one day free on your first rental" code twice?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
So, you used the "one day free on your first rental" code twice?
The code is not specific to "one day free on your first rental", instead it appears to be a "one day free on a minimum 2 day rental", I came upon it while trying to enter a different code. I've made two separate reservations and both have been confirmed successfully. I might just use the excuse that the latter reservation was made if the vehicle is required after the first rental on our trip?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by humansoul
The code is not specific to "one day free on your first rental", instead it appears to be a "one day free on a minimum 2 day rental", I came upon it while trying to enter a different code. I've made two separate reservations and both have been confirmed successfully. I might just use the excuse that the latter reservation was made if the vehicle is required after the first rental on our trip?
That shouldn't be a problem. You'll presumably have to bring the car back after the first rental, close that out, and then pick up a new car for the second rental, but other than that, shouldn't be an issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.