Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Rental car vandalized in Europe, next steps?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:19 am
Original Poster

While charging the rental electric vehicle, the passenger side was keyed over several panels. Currently in a French police station filing a police report. Any important next steps to follow?

I've checked my credit card insurance policy and it seems like I should be covered. Car under $65k CAD, loss of use and damages included, etc. Personal insurance shouldn't apply.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Schweden
While charging the rental electric vehicle, the passenger side was keyed over several panels. Currently in a French police station filing a police report. Any important next steps to follow?

I've checked my credit card insurance policy and it seems like I should be covered. Car under $65k CAD, loss of use and damages included, etc. Personal insurance shouldn't apply.
Take multiple photos showing the damage. The credit card's insurer will want them, and they might defeat an attempt by the rental company to charge you for more damage than actually occurred. Get a copy of the police report, of course, and get as much paperwork as you can from the rental company detailing the extent of damage and cost of repairs. Check with the credit card insurer now to find out what documentation it will require to approve your claim.

Good luck!
Schweden likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.