Experiences with Silvercar

Old Aug 1, 19, 5:00 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
Prices are dynamic. Sometimes it's a great deal. Sometimes it is not.
Auto Enthusiast and levilevi like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 8:36 am

Will echo Miles Ahead to say of course its all YMMV/Circumstantial/preference.
I'll always be willing to pay a certain amount extra for Silvercar for the vehicle and service and, in my circumstances, if travelling with my young kids, the included high quality car seats. Also, discount codes abound.
Old Aug 8, 19, 11:33 am

I got a Silvercar in Downtown San Francisco on my 22nd birthday. Rate was $79 for 2 days -$25, making it essentially $54 for 2 days and $27/day. Plan on taking it to Yosemite and Napa, putting probably 600-700 miles on it.

Anyone whose gotten a flat tire know the experience. Most likely not happening but if I call roadside assistance, will Audi bill Silvercar and will Silvercar then bill me? I read from someone that they were charged $1200 for a flat.
Old Aug 8, 19, 2:49 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Samuel Tao View Post
I got a Silvercar in Downtown San Francisco on my 22nd birthday. Rate was $79 for 2 days -$25, making it essentially $54 for 2 days and $27/day. Plan on taking it to Yosemite and Napa, putting probably 600-700 miles on it.

Anyone whose gotten a flat tire know the experience. Most likely not happening but if I call roadside assistance, will Audi bill Silvercar and will Silvercar then bill me? I read from someone that they were charged $1200 for a flat.
Not sure on the specifics of the cost but yes, technically you are responsible for the costs of any damages incurred including flats. Roadside assistance is also charged and will bill you. I'd recommend if possible to either purchase insurance or better use insurance provided by a credit card to cover said cost.
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:12 pm

Roadside assistance DP just from a few posts ago:

Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Here's a datapoint on roadside assistance:
- just after pickup, we were headed to Aspen, and outside Golden, along the highway, we blew a tire... I mean totally shredded somehow. Audi roadside assistance towed us to an Audi dealer who swapped in a new tire in about 90 minutes... and I haven't heard a thing about it.. they said they'd bill Silvercar directly and good to go.
- it seemed seamless... roadside assistance got the VIN, and checked coverage, tow truck came, dealership knew what was up... done
- I declined their coverage, paid on CSR.. just in case this comes up later... but i'm guessing it wont
Haven't heard a thing since
Old Aug 8, 19, 4:41 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by Samuel Tao View Post

This is why everyone should be a AAA member and not rely on the roadside assistance from the car rental company. For what it provides, AAA is an insanely good value.
Old Aug 8, 19, 8:36 pm

Not sure if this was covered but their Visa Infinite 30% off weekly deal is expired now? Bummer.
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:05 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Originally Posted by NYCRachel View Post
Not sure if this was covered but their Visa Infinite 30% off weekly deal is expired now? Bummer.
Weekly Deal expired back in April and was outside of Visa Infinite if I recall correctly.
VISAINF20 still gives 20% off and there's the rent 1 day get 1 free and 2/2 coupons still