Enterprise France - Big rate difference

Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Enterprise France - Big rate difference

Hi all,

I recently made a four day reservation via the USA Enterprise website. The confirmed rate is 20€ per day. However, when I visit the Enterprise France website, the daily price jumps to nearly 100€ for the same vehicle type. With taxes, their pricing is roughly 450€ versus the US confirmed total rate of 145€.

I have a copy of my reservation with the US pricing, and I plan on presenting that at the pick-up counter. Given the disparity in pricing, I wonder if I will be challenged by the local branch? Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation like this involving USA Enterprise and European Enterprise websites? What are the chances that the France location will honor my confirmed US pricing, or would they even care or pay attention to the rate to begin with and just "rubber stamp" my paperwork, give me a car, and send me on my way.

I'm assuming this is a world-wide corporation and not a franchise model.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Apr 10, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:42 pm

In the US and Canada, all Enterprise locations are corporate. As they expand in Europe, you might see a significant amount of franchises. Buyer beware.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
In the US and Canada, all Enterprise locations are corporate. As they expand in Europe, you might see a significant amount of franchises. Buyer beware.
Well, it's worth a shot. I don't believe this is a "mistake" rate, very comparable to daily US/Canada weekend rates. Had I not bothered to go on the France website, I would not even give this rate a second thought. Just don't want to end up arguing with a counter rep when I arrive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.