Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best one-way car rental discount codes

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 4:14 pm

PHL area to JFK and Back

Needed to get 7 passengers PHL-STT for a family vaca. Gone are the days the great USAir routes and pricing out of PHL, so booked JFK for decent fares and non-stop routing. Initially thought my 7 pax SUV would get us up and back and we'd pay roughly $180 for parking for 10 days (parking priced and reserved).

Now thinking about luggage. When open, my third row leaves almost no room for luggage. Could use my softside rooftop carrier, but it's a hassle to attach and load.

Thinking of renting 2 cars for the ride up (one day rental) - and again for the ride back. Found codes to get from my residence area to JFK, one way, $35/day with .27 per mi fee. Haven't even yet checked the return rate from JFK.

Can anyone recommend a code to keep the roundtrip (rental and miles for 2 cars) under $200?

Thanks a million.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:39 pm

Trying to get a good deal😉

Has anyone tried to actually email or call with the code for the big ten and let them know you want to be enrolled and act like your a relative and give the 5000491 code ?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:46 pm

Trying to get a good deal😉

Thank you for starting this forum im new to renting cars and i need to rent one so this helps. I just booked a 6 day with budget for texas to get around in while i conduct business but now i need one for a one way back to florida i believe by myself i can get my things im getting in laredo back in a car anybody have any suggestions on any of it. I got a 6 day rental for 158.93 from budget is that ok its from the 16 th to the 21st
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by bluwater
Needed to get 7 passengers PHL-STT for a family vaca. Gone are the days the great USAir routes and pricing out of PHL, so booked JFK for decent fares and non-stop routing. Initially thought my 7 pax SUV would get us up and back and we'd pay roughly $180 for parking for 10 days (parking priced and reserved).

Now thinking about luggage. When open, my third row leaves almost no room for luggage. Could use my softside rooftop carrier, but it's a hassle to attach and load.

Thinking of renting 2 cars for the ride up (one day rental) - and again for the ride back. Found codes to get from my residence area to JFK, one way, $35/day with .27 per mi fee. Haven't even yet checked the return rate from JFK.

Can anyone recommend a code to keep the roundtrip (rental and miles for 2 cars) under $200?

Thanks a million.
Wait, you're looking for a one-way PHL-JFK rental for under $50? And the same JFK-PHL? That seems like a heckuva lift, particularly for the JFK-PHL run. I'd expect those rentals to be more like $100 per car each way, if not more. That $35 + 0.27/mile looks pretty darn good, actually. Coming from JFK, you're looking at airport taxes as well.

The luggage carrier might be your best bet here. I'd say do SEPTA/NJ Transit/Airtrain, but with 7 people, that's not going to be cheap either.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by JSBone
Has anyone tried to actually email or call with the code for the big ten and let them know you want to be enrolled and act like your a relative and give the 5000491 code ?
Are you entitled to use the code? If so, should be easy.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
One question

I used Ohio State code (National) for one way rental in SFO. When I booked rate shown was 254 USD for a week rental. I picked up car from Aisle (It was a premium car but kept in Executive aisle). No question was asked but when I returned the car at LAX, I got a bill of 305 USD. I was charged for Intermediate car where it should be charged for midsize. Do you guys think its worth for me to contact National on this? Will National see the code and then ask me to provide ID details? Any suggestions.

Last edited by animesh42001; Jul 11, 2016 at 8:40 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by animesh42001
I used Ohio State code (National) for one way rental in SFO (dropping in LAX). When I booked rate shown was 254 USD for a week rental. I picked up car from Aisle (It was a premium car but kept in Executive aisle). No question was asked but when I returned the car at LAX, I got a bill of 305 USD. I was charged for Intermediate car where it should be charged for midsize. Do you guys think its worth for me to contact National on this? Will National see the code and then ask me to provide ID details? Any suggestions.
So, you tried to screw National, and now you're complaining?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I used Ohio State code (National) for one way rental in SFO (dropping in LAX). When I booked rate shown was 254 USD for a week rental. I picked up car from Aisle (It was a premium car but kept in Executive aisle). No question was asked but when I returned the car at LAX, I got a bill of 305 USD. I was charged for Intermediate car where it should be charged for midsize. Do you guys think its worth for me to contact National on this? Will National see the code and then ask me to provide ID details? Any suggestions.
Seems to me that you could complain if they didn't charge you the correct rate.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Seems to me that you could complain if they didn't charge you the correct rate.
Sure, with the "correct rate" being the rate without any discount code applied.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I used Ohio State code (National) for one way rental in SFO. When I booked rate shown was 254 USD for a week rental. I picked up car from Aisle (It was a premium car but kept in Executive aisle). No question was asked but when I returned the car at LAX, I got a bill of 305 USD. I was charged for Intermediate car where it should be charged for midsize. Do you guys think its worth for me to contact National on this? Will National see the code and then ask me to provide ID details? Any suggestions.
As they say on Wall Street: Bulls and bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:26 am

I have been following this thread for couple days. I want to rent a minivan one way from Chicago to Boston. My own contract ID does give great discount but includes no mileage. So I am trying to see anyone has recently used the OSU code, not using the Aisle and can share their experience with me?

Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:54 pm

Oh, so pleased to have found this thread. Just reserved a one way ride out of PIT for 35-40% lower than the next cheapest option w/ unlimited miles (and an EA car vs. compact car w/ avis).

I read through the earlier threads and used the Big Ten leisure rate, which has no insurance (perfect).

Since there is an EA at PIT, i expect no problems.

Thank you, thank you!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by marcin.m
I did my trip June/July from East Coast to LA.
I did use ORE code(this one worked for me the best), I also signed up for EC member of National.
I used Emerald Aisle so I just showed confirmation of reservation, driving license, CC at the gate at the exit.
Noone asked about ID with this Corporate Code.
Even I had to go back on the same day to the rental place, to fix my contract becouse guy at the gate added some extras to my rental that I didn't wanted( I have noticed that already in the hotel room) and they couldnt fix it over a phone, so I had to go back to airport and go to the counter and work it out with a MOD of National Car Rental.
Hi marcin, i saw your earlier posts. congrats on the success. it sounded like you booked a rate that included insurance. Were you not worried about accident risks or you decided that was a worthwhile risk to take?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
I am looking for a one-way from Ottawa to Toronto next week, ~Aug 24-26th. Any current codes out there?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:27 pm

When using the Avis code for one-way, I realized there is no unlimited mileage stated, but no mention of being charged per mile. Is there anyway to figure out if there is a mileage charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.