best one-way car rental discount codes

Old May 30, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jigger
Trying to rent a one way car 4 people 4 large bags Zurich Airport to Passau Germany in July
Any suggestions??
Thanks
When you search a site like Kayak, does anything pop up?

Obviously, cross-border car rentals are very difficult and expensive to arrange in Europe. Finding another transport solution is usually (but not always) best.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:49 pm

I just wanted to see if anyone had recent success using the OH code with National? If they deny you at the counter, are you able to use your origional reservation then?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:02 pm

Would like to ask the same question.

Originally Posted by stunnerman
I just wanted to see if anyone had recent success using the OH code with National? If they deny you at the counter, are you able to use your origional reservation then?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by stunnerman
I had two successful reservations over memorial day weekend and independence day weekend, one from Oklahoma city Airport and the other from Hartford airport. In fact I even used 3 discover certificates to lower the cost another $120 in both places. In Oklahoma they don't even have emerald aisle but still no questions asked. I did have backup reservations that were for about 1 hour later just in case as the National rates without the code tend to be on the high side.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:58 pm

I did my trip June/July from East Coast to LA.
I did use ORE code(this one worked for me the best), I also signed up for EC member of National.
I used Emerald Aisle so I just showed confirmation of reservation, driving license, CC at the gate at the exit.
Noone asked about ID with this Corporate Code.
Even I had to go back on the same day to the rental place, to fix my contract becouse guy at the gate added some extras to my rental that I didn't wanted( I have noticed that already in the hotel room) and they couldnt fix it over a phone, so I had to go back to airport and go to the counter and work it out with a MOD of National Car Rental.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
Best one way rental code and Florida best rates

5005809 Emerald Club
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:37 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by limamike
5005809 Emerald Club
This comes back as "DUARTES ELECTRIC contract ID". Just FYI.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
One-way long March 2016 weekend - EWR-PHL

Sad to see the National crackdown, now seeking an alternative for the subject leisure rental. Any suggestions? We have family in the EWR area, will be staying at an airport hotel in PHL the night before departure, so there is some flexibility in regard to pickup and drop off locations.

Returning the car to EWR (or nearby), taking the train to PHL is also an option (NJ Transit website shows $36 fare for 2 adults, 2 hour 15 min travel time).
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:16 pm

One Way Car Rentals JFK-PHL April 28 - May 3

Hi Guys,
New to this forum, coming to the US for work from Australia and need to do a couple of one-way drop offs and finding it extremely expensive. First trip is April 28 - May 3, JFK-PHL. Anyone have suggestions for Australians would be much appreciated. Citi bank member and code seems to work just wondering if any better.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
JFK rentals are always expensive, and airport charges/taxes practically double the price.
Try arranging a 1-day 1-way rental to New Jersey or Connecticut (depending on your immediate travel plans), then another one-way from there
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Read through the early posts for National codes.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: WN CP; AMEX MR, US, DL
Originally Posted by wade28
Hi Guys,
New to this forum, coming to the US for work from Australia and need to do a couple of one-way drop offs and finding it extremely expensive. First trip is April 28 - May 3, JFK-PHL. Anyone have suggestions for Australians would be much appreciated. Citi bank member and code seems to work just wondering if any better.
If you don't go the route of codes, it may be worth looking at the rental car agency Sixt, which has had less expensive one-way rentals than others in my experience.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by kaisersrsic
If you don't go the route of codes, it may be worth looking at the rental car agency Sixt, which has had less expensive one-way rentals than others in my experience.
Sixt does not offer this route.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:23 pm

Hi,

I have a trip planned from 5/31 - 6/4, DFW - IAH. I wanted to use my enterprise points but unfortunately one-ways are not allowed. I thought about returning the car at DFW on the 6/2 and then pick up another car and drive it to IAH which I would pay for, and then drop it off at IAH and then pick up another car on my points for the remainder of the trip. But it would be a hassle.

Can anybody suggest any ways to cut down the cost (i.e. coupon codes) or use my points w/out having to switch 3 cars? If I rent a car outright for the trip its costing around $550 thru Budget.

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2016, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by dock1
Hi,

I have a trip planned from 5/31 - 6/4, DFW - IAH. I wanted to use my enterprise points but unfortunately one-ways are not allowed. I thought about returning the car at DFW on the 6/2 and then pick up another car and drive it to IAH which I would pay for, and then drop it off at IAH and then pick up another car on my points for the remainder of the trip. But it would be a hassle.

Can anybody suggest any ways to cut down the cost (i.e. coupon codes) or use my points w/out having to switch 3 cars? If I rent a car outright for the trip its costing around $550 thru Budget.

Thanks!
I found including most insurances at $228 for the small car, from 5/31 - 6/4, DFW - IAH.
(With budget through a little trick)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.