Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Kosher (Mehadrin) Food in the Dead Sea (Ein Boqeq) Region

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.

I've been to the Dead Sea a couple of times, and have been advised that the Le Meridien is Rabbanut (although the Chicken/Turkey is Badatz - so I have heard), and that the Golden Tulip hotel might offer reliably Kosher food.

Can anyone here advise on any establishments, be they restaurants or hotels, in the area that are reliably Kosher?

Would anyone know if Mehadrin meat menus are available nearby?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
As far as I know, none of the hotels are 'mehadrin'. However, every now and then they get taken over for a weekend (or longer) and then they are entirely 'mehadrin'. The only places I know of that advertise such offers are the Israeli religious weeklys.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by mikebg
As far as I know, none of the hotels are 'mehadrin'. However, every now and then they get taken over for a weekend (or longer) and then they are entirely 'mehadrin'. The only places I know of that advertise such offers are the Israeli religious weeklys.
The aptly called "Charedi Shabbos" at the Nirvana Dead Sea occurs twice a year for 10 days each in November-December and June-July... I havent heard of any other programs (Unless you count the chagim)
Old Jan 6, 2009, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yossimills
I've been to the Dead Sea a couple of times, and have been advised that the Le Meridien is Rabbanut (although the Chicken/Turkey is Badatz - so I have heard), and that the Golden Tulip hotel might offer reliably Kosher food.

Can anyone here advise on any establishments, be they restaurants or hotels, in the area that are reliably Kosher?

Would anyone know if Mehadrin meat menus are available nearby?
The le-meridien has been known to use Aurbach chickens - not always so always ask. You can also request mehadrin meat to be grilled for you at dinner for a 30shekel charge. In the past, the Le Meridien has had reliable mashgiachs and you can call the hotel and ask to speak with the mashgiach. He will advise you on what veg, cheeses, chicken etc are being used and will point out what you can and cant eat based on your criteria.

Enjoy....

you can PM me for more info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.