Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic Kosher Meals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Virgin Atlantic Kosher Meals

Hi Everyone,

Can someone shed some light on the Kosher meals served at Upper class on flights:
TLV —> LHR
LHR —> MIA

and on Premium Economy:
Las Vegas —> LHR
LHR —-> TLV

Is it any good? Is it different than economy?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I know it's quite a long time since this request was posted, but for the benefit of others, this is my recent experience of Virgin Upper Class kosher meals ex LHR (would be relevant to your query about LHR->MIA):

First of all, the Virgin lounge has a kosher menu, with a good variety of meals to choose from (including soup) all from Hermolis. Red and white kosher wines (mevushal) are also available in the lounge.
On board (our flight was LHR->TLV, but I am sure the same would apply to transatlantic flights ex LHR) the Hermolis meal was excellent, I would say that it was pitched somewhere between the Hermolis meals served on BA business and their First Class offering. Pour yourself kosher red and white (mevushal) also in the bar on board (and for mevushal wines they were pretty good).
willoL likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
First of all, the Virgin lounge has a kosher menu, with a good variety of meals to choose from (including soup) all from Hermolis.
Are these the same ones offered in the BA GF? on real dishes etc?

Pour yourself kosher red and white (mevushal) also in the bar on board (and for mevushal wines they were pretty good).
Are these only on the TLV bound flights?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Are these the same ones offered in the BA GF? on real dishes etc?
Real dishes, printed menu, but different choices to those in BA

Are these only on the TLV bound flights?
No idea. Probably. Maybe also New York. But I don't know, just guessing. The LHR lounge has kosher wine though.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I take it the LHR-TLV serves no pork or shellfish on either leg, similar to BA on this route? Am I better playing safe and ordering kosher? Grateful for any personal experience ( looking forward to giving up Matzo for another year from tomorrow).
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Well I have booked KSML as I don't want to chance the veggie as I know i can on BA. Flying out next week for Yom Ha'atzmaot as the idea that I can be there on behalf of those who have gone before on the 75th Anniversary is something I am fortunate to be able to do. i shall post photos and a brief explanation when I can.....
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 2:35 am

Hi
i booked the flight originally with 47hrs till take off thinking I wud 4sure be able to book kosher as no where near 24hr mark Lhr to jfk

im going upper 1st time and would love to try kosher meal.

anyway to book or request this the website says they need 48hrs?.

United told me from the EWR hub they can normally accommodate with 2hrs (tried and tested with 7 meals!!!!)

please any help or success story’s on getting extra assistance in this area even for next time wud be amazing

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.