Kosher meals on Amtrak

Old Jun 24, 19, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Kosher meals on Amtrak

Anyone have experience with ordering kosher meals on Amtrak as a sleeping car passenger? I'm going to be traveling on the Capitol Limited from Chicago to DC. I called up and she seemed to have issues processing the request due to the elimination of meals prepared on board in favor of pre-packaged meals. It says right on the timetable that it's an option. I've gotten kosher meals as an Acela First Class passenger with no issues in the past.
Old Jul 22, 19, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
Anyone have experience with ordering kosher meals on Amtrak as a sleeping car passenger? I'm going to be traveling on the Capitol Limited from Chicago to DC. I called up and she seemed to have issues processing the request due to the elimination of meals prepared on board in favor of pre-packaged meals. It says right on the timetable that it's an option. I've gotten kosher meals as an Acela First Class passenger with no issues in the past.
Sorry for the belated response - I don't know if this is useful anymore, but I've ordered kosher meals on long distance trains. Bear in mind that I haven't ridden in a sleeper since 2016, so this information may be somewhat stale, but as far as I know the Capitol Limited still offers kosher meals to sleeper passengers. The kosher meals are, of course, prepackaged, so I don't know why it would be any more challenging to provide now that everything else is prepackaged, too - on the contrary, if anything it should be more straightforward.

Call again, if you haven't already, or visit a ticket agent at a staffed station.