Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Lighting Chanukah Candles in EWR C Term.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lighting Chanukah Candles in EWR C Term.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
craz, what's the connection to when Shabbat comes in?
sorry about the delay in answering, my point was not the 84 on a Fri but any day during Hanukah, since the 84 boards way before sunset so what would a person who flew say last Weds do? either have a flashlight and lit it during the flight (1 candle is able to be used everyday) as long as its a fl with a gas bulb and not a reg bulb Or be one of the last to board and light at the same time one would have lit on Fri afternoon

I had a 5am flight yesterday from TLV and checked out of my hotel after Shabbos ended, my LOR said to light at the hotel since although I wasnt gonna be sleeping there Sat night at the time of lighting I would still be a guest there, in the past Ive lit at airports all around, since I already had checked out of the hotel around Noon and was taking a red-eye to NY. I usually lit in the departure check-in area and a couple times with a connecting flight and no time to go out and back in and 1st flight was in the afternoon and arriving back the next morning , I lit airside , all according to my LOR

Of cause a person can have their wife have them in mind or give a quarter to a friend and have them have them in mind, but Id rather light myself if at all possible, besides what can I do with the oil candles that wont be used. The WA in Jerusalem gave out hanukah oil candles, I used the ones I brought from NY with me (needed anyways for the hotel I was at before the WA)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by craz
sorry about the delay in answering, my point was not the 84 on a Fri but any day during Hanukah, since the 84 boards way before sunset so what would a person who flew say last Weds do? either have a flashlight and lit it during the flight (1 candle is able to be used everyday) as long as its a fl with a gas bulb and not a reg bulb Or be one of the last to board and light at the same time one would have lit on Fri afternoon

I had a 5am flight yesterday from TLV and checked out of my hotel after Shabbos ended, my LOR said to light at the hotel since although I wasnt gonna be sleeping there Sat night at the time of lighting I would still be a guest there, in the past Ive lit at airports all around, since I already had checked out of the hotel around Noon and was taking a red-eye to NY. I usually lit in the departure check-in area and a couple times with a connecting flight and no time to go out and back in and 1st flight was in the afternoon and arriving back the next morning , I lit airside , all according to my LOR

Of cause a person can have their wife have them in mind or give a quarter to a friend and have them have them in mind, but Id rather light myself if at all possible, besides what can I do with the oil candles that wont be used. The WA in Jerusalem gave out hanukah oil candles, I used the ones I brought from NY with me (needed anyways for the hotel I was at before the WA)
I flew last year and missed one night. Did a combination of flashlight on board plus people lighting with me in my mind (parents in NJ where I was flying from and wife in Israel where I was flying to).
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
OP, what did you do in the end?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:39 am

Any place there are Jews and for sure near flights to Israel you find Chabad. . Too late for this year, but sharing for the future

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.