Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Kosher Food Near Mont Blanc Region

Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I am planning on hiking the tour du Mont Blanc. Are there any places with kosher food anywhere near the trail? Or will I have to carry all my food with me from Geneva? Is there any chance of minyanim?

​​​​​​​Any information would be great! Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:37 am

I'm planning a skiing trip, did you end up finding kosher food in Mont Blanc area?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Hi,
i didnt find any kosher restaurants or grocery stores in the area (the closest was in Geneva, which has an excellent chabad by the way) but I was able to find a few kosher items in grocery stores (peanut butter, etc) and I also got by with buying things that don't need to be kosher (oatmeal, fruits, eggs). Overall I didn't have such a difficult time with food but I definitely wasn't eating anything gourmet. I would recommend bringing a lot of beef jerkey from home and staples that you would for sure need during the trip, but know that there is a lot of room to buy fruits and eggs if you need. Also I would highly recommend going to Geneva for Shabbat. It's only an hour-long bus ride from Chamonix and they were great there- they hosted me for meals and gave me a place to sleep free of charge. There's nothing to do in Chamonix for Shabbat. Enjoy the trip and good luck!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:00 am

Thank you, I really appreciate your detailed and quick response. Shabbat Shalom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.