Halal/Muslim Meal in J

Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Halal/Muslim Meal in J

Hello,

A friend and myself are planning a mini-rtw, and I'm wondering which airlines, and under what circumstances, provide Muslim/Halal meals in J. I was told that for non-Muslim based airlines, catering is dependent on the departing location. That is, if an airline is departing from a Muslim country where their food/religious customs are practiced, the airline's food will reflect their food/religious customs and the meals will be halal/Muslim. Although I'm Pescatarian and never have issues since there will always be fish or vegetarian options in J, she's not, and I would like for her to get the full experience! If someone can confirm this is true, it should help significantly.

The following wiki page lists a variety of airlines, and I suspect it's largely accurate, but if anyone knows of something that's missing, please do mention it, as I would love to have a complete picture:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_meal#Halal_food

Thanks much!

-Kate
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Are you asking when the regular meal served will be Halal or when you can order a special Halal meal?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Are you asking when the regular meal served will be Halal or when you can order a special Halal meal?
Hi Josh!

When the regular meal served will be Halal. I've read that generally when ordering a special meal in J, it's often simply a meal taken from Y and given to you in J. Please correct me if I am wrong!

-Kate

Last edited by kraigs; Feb 17, 2018 at 8:27 pm Reason: Grammatical error/typo
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I'm not sure I fully understand. However, I know that on TK, SPMLs are NOT just meals from Y. On TK in C, the KSML is definitely an upgraded Kosher meal versus what they serve in Y, and equivalent to what other, non-Muslim airlines would serve as KSML in C.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:10 pm
Suspended

If you have any doubt simply order veg food and you don't have to be there in flight whole life, it's just a day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.