Anything Jewish in Hyderabad

Old Dec 7, 17, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum
Anything Jewish in Hyderabad

I've just found out that I haev a work trip to Hyderabad and the big problem is that the meeting finishes on Friday afternoon. It seems that I am stuck there for shabbat and that there is no community, Chabad or synagogue whcih is fair enough and understandable. Can anyone make a suggestion for somewhere I could consider flying to in the early afternoon that would work for shabbat and where there are some kind of Jewish facilities. Otherwise I guess I will spend a quiet weekend in Hyderabad. Thank you.
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by feival View Post
I've just found out that I haev a work trip to Hyderabad and the big problem is that the meeting finishes on Friday afternoon. It seems that I am stuck there for shabbat and that there is no community, Chabad or synagogue whcih is fair enough and understandable. Can anyone make a suggestion for somewhere I could consider flying to in the early afternoon that would work for shabbat and where there are some kind of Jewish facilities. Otherwise I guess I will spend a quiet weekend in Hyderabad. Thank you.
Bombay, Goa, and Madras used to have options. Bangalore should given some tie-ups, and it’s close enough by air, although I can’t speak to the current flight schedules.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 7, 17 at 12:33 pm
Old Dec 10, 17, 2:01 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum, Lufthansa and Virgin(why?)
Out of curiosity, what line of business are you in that brings you to Hyderabad?
Old Dec 10, 17, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

I work for a software company that provides solutions to the telecoms market. They have an office in Hyderabad.
Old Dec 11, 17, 10:46 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

When does your meeting end?
Old Dec 11, 17, 11:34 am
Original Poster

That hasn't been confirmed yet but I would leave early to travel elsewhere for shabbat etc if reasonable otherwise I'll just spend a quiet weekend there.

As I'm writing this I'm in Moscow at a fantastic kosher restaurant

https://m.facebook.com/jerusaleminmoscow/

Well worth a visit if you're here.
Old Dec 11, 17, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That hasn't been confirmed yet but I would leave early to travel elsewhere for shabbat etc if reasonable otherwise I'll just spend a quiet weekend there.
Seems Bangalore and Mumbai are the only Chabad centers, are they reachable from Hyderabad with time to spare before Shabbos starts?
Old Dec 11, 17, 9:29 pm

Mumbai and Kochi are definite options.

HYD - BOM is about 90 minutes, add an hour (or 90 minutes) to go directly from BOM airport to the synagogue.
HYD - COK is similar flight times, but with fewer choices in the evening.
Old Dec 12, 17, 4:33 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

There is an Indigo flight 6E809 which lives HYD at 14.45 and gets in at 16.20. Shabbos is 17.40ish so easly made!!
Old Dec 18, 17, 2:53 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
I assume you mean Hyderabad, India and not Pakistan? :-)
Astaroth likes this.
Old Dec 18, 17, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by tedcruz View Post
There is an Indigo flight 6E809 which lives HYD at 14.45 and gets in at 16.20. Shabbos is 17.40ish so easly made!!
Not sure if you're talking about BOM - but if so chances of making it are LOW. Even if you get in on time (which is not given..) it can take 1 - 2 hours to get from BOM airport to the area of the city where Chabad is. Plus you need to check into a hotel. Davening is in the Knesset Eliyahu shul, which is approx 15-20 walk from chabad (and most of the recommended hotels).
Old Jun 25, 18, 12:10 am

I can help

HI Feviel, i have a friend of mine who is Jewish. We meet at her place for Shabbos. You could join us.

for more details, send me a private message

shalom chaver !!

Vinod Kurian

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 25, 18 at 7:41 am Reason: removed email for own protection/ can use private messaging

Search this Thread
Search Engine: