Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Master thread: List of lounges with kosher food.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mikebg
  • TLV
    All lounges
  • LHR
    ELAL - KDL (T4)
    BA -
    Terminal 3: Full KSMLs available in the First lounge. Bagels and soup in Business lounge. [It would seem that there are no KSMLs available currently in the T3 lounges]
    Terminal 5A: KSMLs available in all lounges. Soup (vegetable/chicken) and bagels in the Club lounges and full meals (Breakfast - omelette / baked beans / mushrooms / grilled tomato / sautéed potatoes. Rest of day - meat balls / chicken / salmon / (often also a vegetarian option)) in Galleries First and Concorde Room. Soup available on request in the Concorde Room (they may say there is no soup but if asked they will bring it from the Club lounge).
    Terminal 5B: Soup, but generally no bagels.
    Terminal 5C: No BA lounge! You can get up to Ł15 of stuff from Starbucks if you show then a Club or First boarding pass. They might have Walkers Crisps (check for LBD Hechsher) - plus soft drinks and tea/coffee.
    CX - Frozen Kosher meals
    VS - Frozen kosher meals
  • JFK
    ELAL - KDL (T4)
    Virgin - Clubhouse (T4)
    BA - I believe you need a reservation with a kosher meal ordered
  • EWR
    ELAL - Art Lounge (TB)
  • MAN
    BA - T3 - Kettle chips under KLBD
  • FRA/MUC
    LH - KSML available with pre-request
  • ZRH
    LX - Only fruit, chocolate and (in the summer) yummy icecream
  • WAW
    kosher sandwiches and snacks.Available on their own shelf in the food chiller cabinet
  • HKG
    CX - Available on request.
  • SYD
    QF - Available on request
  • SIN
    SQ - Private room, available on request
  • LAX
    international lounge has kosher foods around the time of Elal flights This lounge no longer exists.
  • HKG
    LY
  • JNB
    Bidvest Lounge - Kosher cheeses, and kosher crisps.

Any input of more lounges appreciated.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
I have sent you in PM the telephone numbers of BA T5 Lounge kitchen and T3. Credit goes to FF who sent me these numbers a while ago.

However, As far as I know, from all my past experience with the T5 lounges, it is not possible to order full Kosher meals for the Galleries club lounge, as they only give bagel and soup in the Galleries club lounge (A.K.A. business lounge.) The full kosher meals are only available in the First lounge and Concorde room.
If you could order the full KSML in the GC lounge too, then they could just bring you up the full KSML into the GC - there would be no need to order.

The only thing you could maybe call up about is to take the bagel out of the freezer so that it will be edible by the time you get there.
In fact, I am now in the GC lounge, and I was here on my outbound this morning, and now on my return this evening, the chef has told me that I should have told him in the morning to take me out the bagel a bit before I would arrive this evening.
Please could you send me the number as well? Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
The CX Lounge in LHR T3, I gather recently opened again after renovations, and I remember hearing they no longer offer kosher food. Is this true?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:49 am

The CX Lounge in LHR T3, I gather recently opened again after renovations, and I remember hearing they no longer offer kosher food. Is this true?

That is correct, at least in business lounge (I suspect first also). Only kosher options are fruit and yoghurts.
Best to get a sandwich or two from BA lounge on the way.
Apart from sandwiches - CX lounge is much nicer IMO.
PS - Nothing much kosher in AA lounge either
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by 2035
That is correct, at least in business lounge (I suspect first also). Only kosher options are fruit and yoghurts.
Best to get a sandwich or two from BA lounge on the way.
Apart from sandwiches - CX lounge is much nicer IMO.
PS - Nothing much kosher in AA lounge either
Thanks.

Would there be the full kosher meals in BA First lounge in T3?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:11 am

The only BA LHR that I know of that has ever served full kosher meals is the First Lounge in T5. I have had a main course brought to me in the Galleries Lounge when they ran out of soup and bagels. If you have enough time in the lounge ask them to get a meal brought over from another lounge. Unlike others who berate BA, I have always found BA to be very helpful and accommodating.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:27 pm

Thanks.

Would there be the full kosher meals in BA First lounge in T3?
Not sure. I have in the past but I called to order those, it was a while ago.
I actually prefer the bagels and soup often, and bagels are good to take on the plane as a snack.

You can also get great sandwich meals very cheaply at WH Smith - all kosher sandwiches are included in the 3.99 meal deal (including drink and chips/chocolate). This includes chicken wraps, salmon bagels etc, which usually cost 4.99 without a meal....
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Not sure. I have in the past but I called to order those, it was a while ago.
I actually prefer the bagels and soup often, and bagels are good to take on the plane as a snack.

You can also get great sandwich meals very cheaply at WH Smith - all kosher sandwiches are included in the 3.99 meal deal (including drink and chips/chocolate). This includes chicken wraps, salmon bagels etc, which usually cost 4.99 without a meal....
Good to know! Thanks for the tip!
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Yeah, I did that last week, arrived at airport shortly before flight which was booked last minute, so no kosher food, so took soup and bagel from lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rabbijoben
Please could you send me the number as well? Thanks.
Can someone PM the number as well. Also, where/how you request it? My teenage daughter will be flying through and I want to walk her through exactly what she should do to get these meals
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
LHR T3 kosher meals update

The last info posted about LHR T3 was from March. Has anything changed since then? To be more specific:

Are full main courses available in the BA First Class lounge, as in T5?
Are there kosher meals available in the newly refurbished CX lounge (as there apparently were before the refurbishing last year). The last info posted here was they had been discontinued since the refurbishing.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
The last info posted about LHR T3 was from March. Has anything changed since then? To be more specific:

Are full main courses available in the BA First Class lounge, as in T5?
Are there kosher meals available in the newly refurbished CX lounge (as there apparently were before the refurbishing last year). The last info posted here was they had been discontinued since the refurbishing.
My last experience at T3 was not positive.
CX definitely have no KSML
BA refused to give me - they had frozen sandwiches and bagles in stock, but won't give them out as they can't given them out frozen due to H&S and have no way to defrost them. I escalated but got nowhere. I offered to take frozen one to have later but they said this is not allowed.
VS have KSML - if you can get access..
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
My last experience at T3 was not positive.
BA refused to give me - they had frozen sandwiches and bagles in stock, but won't give them out as they can't given them out frozen due to H&S and have no way to defrost them.
Was this in the Galleries Club lounge or the First Class lounge?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:44 pm

Was this in the Galleries Club lounge or the First Class lounge?
This was in GC lounge. I did get a meal once in the First lounge a while ago, but that was pre-ordered (when you had to pre-order). Haven't tried recently.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:16 pm

Thanks. Any more recent input from others will be welcome. I have a trip in F from T3 in May, so there is plenty of time to plan ...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, LY Matmid, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, CX Marco Polo
Thanks. Any more recent input from others will be welcome. I have a trip in F from T3 in May, so there is plenty of time to plan ...
Hi @mikebg

I was in T3 GF in May - I was offered a choice of a Hermolis hot chicken main meal or effectively a breakfast meal (omelette with mushrooms, tomato, hash brown).

CX had no Kosher food available but the lounge is well worth a visit for tranquillity and decent beer.

I didn't visit BA GC so not sure if they have the soup or sandwich option that T5 GC has on request. However you are far better in Galleries First anyway.

Hope this helps

A406

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.