Wiki Posts
Search

KSML on SWISS Biz class intl.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
KSML on SWISS Biz class intl.

Looks like I'll be flying on LX's J class from YUL to TLV via ZRH in a few weeks, does anyone have any experiance or knowledge of what kind of meal to expect?
It's been years since i've flown in intl J, what sort of meal will i get? Will it be a proper J meal, but kosher? Or will it be an eco class ksml?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: Traveling Around from Country to country
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Looks like I'll be flying on LX's J class from YUL to TLV via ZRH in a few weeks, does anyone have any experiance or knowledge of what kind of meal to expect?
It's been years since i've flown in intl J, what sort of meal will i get? Will it be a proper J meal, but kosher? Or will it be an eco class ksml?
I will be on that route IY"H on Feb. 12, and I will report back to you what they serve.

Btw, anybody has any idea what the KSML will be like in "first" from DEL-ZRH?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelpro2008
I will be on that route IY"H on Feb. 12, and I will report back to you what they serve.

Btw, anybody has any idea what the KSML will be like in "first" from DEL-ZRH?
Nice thanks!

We should meet up in the loung sometime if our paths cross
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:23 am

Out of ZRH, you should get a KSML catered by Schalom (Zurich's kosher resto/caterer). It's been a few years since I last flew but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Nice main (beef in red wine sauce) though dessert could have been better (bog-standard apple cake with parve creme). I don't know whom they use out of TLV.

BTW, LX check-in counter at TLV is downstairs, one floor below main departure floor is.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:43 am

One thing that annoys me when I fly long-haul is, first you get meaty meal. Then you schlof several hours and they bring you b'fast, which can be sometimes milky. I've had that issue several time in the past. Rather inconvenient if you keep 6hours, less so if you keep only 3hours btwn meat/milky.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by W9London
Out of ZRH, you should get a KSML catered by Schalom (Zurich's kosher resto/caterer). It's been a few years since I last flew but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Nice main (beef in red wine sauce) though dessert could have been better (bog-standard apple cake with parve creme). I don't know whom they use out of TLV.

BTW, LX check-in counter at TLV is downstairs, one floor below main departure floor is.
Interesting info.
Actually, LX is now up stairs in the "B" section (IIRC)
I was there in december but i flew Y (VFR trip)
LH, OS, LO and ??? Are still downstairs though.

One thing that annoys me when I fly long-haul is, first you get meaty meal. Then you schlof several hours and they bring you b'fast, which can be sometimes milky. I've had that issue several time in the past. Rather inconvenient if you keep 6hours, less so if you keep only 3hours btwn meat/milky.
Ha! I flew YUL-LAX-YUL last week and the exact thing happened!
I wait 5 hours + 1 minute, but on a 5hr45min flight even that isnt short enough lol
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: Miles and more Senator, Matmid Silver, AAdvantage GLD, Starwood

Wrong!

Schalom is no longer a restaurant. The catering is a private entity and food has much improved. Haven't tasted the food in J or F, but even in Y it is very tasty (my opinion).
On a side note, I know the mashgiach personally, who confirmed the foods age; maximum one day old!!!

Oh and by the way, check in for Swiss at TLV is upstairs in section B.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Yes I noticed that about the food when i flee the route in december, it tasted very good and fresh, nice portion size as well.
Certainly better some sh*t i've gotten out of NYC for god sakes!!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Will LX have Kosher wine, and is there kosher food/wine in any of the ZRH lounges?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Will LX have Kosher wine, and is there kosher food/wine in any of the ZRH lounges?
Yes to kosher wine in c ( small bottle of barkan iirc). No to food in lounge (apart from fruit and chocolate).
C
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:39 am
Suspended

dont remember if there was any wine, as for the lounge, when I flew LX back after Succos I overnighted it in ZRH the next day the JFK flight was delayed due to MX by a few hrs. Unfortunatley the Term was divided into 2 sections and you werent able to go from 1 section to the other unless you went out of Security.

The lounge was in the other section from the JFK gate and what a hassle! so if the term is still divided when you go thru dont waste your time with the Lounge. btw all I saw was small bite size pieces of chocolate at the front desk and the Dan lounge is alot better,imo
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by craz
dont remember if there was any wine, as for the lounge, when I flew LX back after Succos I overnighted it in ZRH the next day the JFK flight was delayed due to MX by a few hrs. Unfortunatley the Term was divided into 2 sections and you werent able to go from 1 section to the other unless you went out of Security.

The lounge was in the other section from the JFK gate and what a hassle! so if the term is still divided when you go thru dont waste your time with the Lounge. btw all I saw was small bite size pieces of chocolate at the front desk and the Dan lounge is alot better,imo
The terminal is no longer divided. Lounge is ok, nothing special. There are israeli newspapers which is nice.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be in the terminal twice: once coming in from TLV-ZRH (LX) and connecting to ZRH-EWR (UA) and the other time coming in from BRU-ZRH (LX) connecting to ZRH-TLV (LX). Which lounge makes the most sense/which one has Israeli newspapers?

Regarding wine in C, is it red, white, or both?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:54 pm

I will be in the terminal twice: once coming in from TLV-ZRH (LX) and connecting to ZRH-EWR (UA) and the other time coming in from BRU-ZRH (LX) connecting to ZRH-TLV (LX). Which lounge makes the most sense/which one has Israeli newspapers?

Regarding wine in C, is it red, white, or both?
Wine is red (unless you're in First, in which case you get both...).
Closest lounge for both is Panorama lounge in (in E). That is the one with Israeli papers etc and where the flight will be announced. The Swiss lounge in A is arguably a bit nicer but would require you do pass through passport control and security on your outbound (not a major problem at ZRH). On your return no extra checks will be reqired.
If you really want to lounge-hop, you can also go to the arrivals lounge after TLV-ZRH (assuming you're on the morning flight, which I assume you are). There is also another Swiss lounge in D/B (former LH lounge) but it's out of your way, can't see a reason to go there.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2035
Wine is red (unless you're in First, in which case you get both...).
Really wanted F, but no F on the ZRH-TLV route. Do they have kosher wine also on non-TLV routes?

Closest lounge for both is Panorama lounge in (in E). That is the one with Israeli papers etc and where the flight will be announced. The Swiss lounge in A is arguably a bit nicer but would require you do pass through passport control and security on your outbound (not a major problem at ZRH). On your return no extra checks will be reqired.
I've been to the Panorama Lounge. Not terrible - free WiFi (but only for an hour). How would I get to the A lounge coming in from TLV, and then departing to EWR on UA? I would need to do passport control to do so? I anyways need to re-clear security. Do I need to clear security multiple times to do so?

If you really want to lounge-hop, you can also go to the arrivals lounge after TLV-ZRH (assuming you're on the morning flight, which I assume you are). There is also another Swiss lounge in D/B (former LH lounge) but it's out of your way, can't see a reason to go there.
I am indeed on the morning flight. Where's the arrivals lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.