FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religious Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/religious-travelers-604/)
-   -   Cathay Pacific JFK-HKG Kosher meals First Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/religious-travelers/1179781-cathay-pacific-jfk-hkg-kosher-meals-first-class.html)

ual902 Feb 2, 2011 7:14 pm

Cathay Pacific JFK-HKG Kosher meals First Class

Hi,

So I'm flying Cathay Pacific First Class, what can I expect if I order Kosher meals in First Class on Cathay Pacific JFK-HKG?.

IF they are going to serve those little plastic wrapped meals (Wilton, Borenstien etc.) I may just order vegetarian.

Thanks-

damaxer91 Feb 4, 2011 4:09 am

So am I (Mid next week). I'm gonna take a gamble on the KSML and hope for the best...

ual902 Feb 5, 2011 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 15800112)
So am I (Mid next week). I'm gonna take a gamble on the KSML and hope for the best...

Please give us your trip report on the KSML meals your reserved, are you flying J or F?.

damaxer91 Feb 5, 2011 10:42 pm

Flying F. Will report back

ual902 Feb 6, 2011 12:58 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 15811491)
Flying F. Will report back

If the KSML in F is something to write home about, please take some pics. I also saw ONLINE they have a grilled fish on the regular Menu, I would chose that but I don't know your level of Kashrut LOL :)

damaxer91 Feb 9, 2011 7:33 am

They served the business class meal from Regal. Fish for dinner and Meat for lunch. I did not even venture to try it though it was definitely an upgrade over the economy meals though miles short of the Hermoles offerings.

I'd advise to order frozen or even fresh meals from a kosher establishment in Cedarhurst and either pick it up on your way or get it delivered to JFK (10 min away). I picked up from Wok Tov and was very happy with it. Crew had no problem chilling and re-heating them for me. Just make sure to bring along some extra silver foil for double wrapping

ual902 Feb 9, 2011 12:20 pm

Was the regal on glass or plastic? Also let me know what they are serving on the return HKG-JFK.

I'm actually coming from Flatbush so allot of stuff on coney and thanks for the update very much appreciated.

damaxer91 Feb 9, 2011 3:02 pm

Regal was on Plastic :(

Returning to TLV via BKK on EK & LY

ual902 Feb 9, 2011 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 15834383)
Regal was on Plastic :(

Returning to TLV via BKK on EK & LY

How does EK connect with LY? I never knew LY flies to DBX! LOL..

Anyways I really appreciate the heads up on the JFK-HKG and I figured that would be the case after my last experience in J on the same Route, What Ill do is order vegetarian and get some food from either estihana on Ave J or Carlos and Gabby's.. I'm also going from HKG-SGN in J, you have any idea what meals are like these days out of HKG? last time I think it was from Belgium!!

travelbrook Feb 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Can We request Hermolis

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 15831481)
They served the business class meal from Regal. Fish for dinner and Meat for lunch. I did not even venture to try it though it was definitely an upgrade over the economy meals though miles short of the Hermoles offerings.

I'd advise to order frozen or even fresh meals from a kosher establishment in Cedarhurst and either pick it up on your way or get it delivered to JFK (10 min away). I picked up from Wok Tov and was very happy with it. Crew had no problem chilling and re-heating them for me. Just make sure to bring along some extra silver foil for double wrapping

Hermolis is without a doubt the best Kosher Meal in the Sky. Is there an email or other address where we can advise the airline of our preference - that there are Real alternatives for the kosher traveler

ual902 Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by travelbrook (Post 15853258)
Hermolis is without a doubt the best Kosher Meal in the Sky. Is there an email or other address where we can advise the airline of our preference - that there are Real alternatives for the kosher traveler

Intresting Hermolis has TWA as one of thier Airline clients lol :D
http://hermolis.com/site/airlines.htm

Also you can contact any Airline from the Airlines websites contacts, or call their regional offices and speak to the Managers.

craz Feb 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 15853340)
Intresting Hermolis has TWA as one of thier Airline clients lol :D
http://hermolis.com/site/airlines.htm

Also you can contact any Airline from the Airlines websites contacts, or call their regional offices and speak to the Managers.

I take it that the Hemolis list is for the Airlines that they supply for the flights out of London only

AFAIK there is no way to get say a Hemolis meal for a flight out of the US, while Ive gotten them out of PEK or HKG, BCN etcetc, that was simply due to the caterering company in those places having contracts with Hemolis and if they had it with someone else then there isnt a way to request Hermolis and expect to get them. It seemed up thread someone thought there was a way to get Hermolis by simply asking the Airline they are flying to supply Hermolis, theres no way from what I know that that can be done

crazypalooza Apr 5, 2011 6:48 pm

anyone have further insight into the meals? any other experiances regarding the kosher on first?

travellerK Apr 7, 2011 10:44 am

Originally Posted by ual902 (Post 15791059)
Hi,

I may just order vegetarian.

Thanks-

Vegetarian Airline meals frequently have red wine vinegar in them and should be considered 100% non-kosher

crazypalooza Apr 10, 2011 12:55 am

Originally Posted by travellerK (Post 16177196)
Vegetarian Airline meals frequently have red wine vinegar in them and should be considered 100% non-kosher

thanks for the heads up on that!