Wiki Posts
Search

Kosher on Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Kosher on Iberia

I am flying J class, LHR-MAD-HAV in February and wondered what the KSML offering is on both the European and Long-Haul sectors. Who is the supplier? I could take VLML, but on previous IB flights they have been inedible! Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum
LHR-MAD will be Hermolis if a BA operated flight. Will be a great meal. If Iberia operated then I'm not sure. For the MAD-HAV leg I have no idea. Sorry.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by feival
LHR-MAD will be Hermolis if a BA operated flight. Will be a great meal. If Iberia operated then I'm not sure. For the MAD-HAV leg I have no idea. Sorry.
10/16 MAD-JFK meal was from France under the Paris Beis Din. Some folks hold by it others dont. I was with a group returning from a tour of Frum people and no one touched the food
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
I will be flying TLV-MAD-PTY (Panama) business in the summer. What type of kosher food to expect?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
The TLV-MAD will be the EL-AL food companmy, Hamasbia. I don't find the food all to good. The MAD-PTY leg will probably be the French company as mentioned above. But they may provide Hermolis as CX do.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:37 am

At the end of May, we'll be flying Iberia, in Premium Economy, from Boston to Madrid, returning, again in Premium Economy, in mid-June from Madrid to Boston. Does anyone know who supplies Iberia's kosher meals on these routes and what the quality is likely to be?

TIA
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by RebDovid
At the end of May, we'll be flying Iberia, in Premium Economy, from Boston to Madrid, returning, again in Premium Economy, in mid-June from Madrid to Boston. Does anyone know who supplies Iberia's kosher meals on these routes and what the quality is likely to be?

TIA
Welcome to FLYERTALK RebDovid. Hope you are all ready for Pesach. From BOS-MAD, you'll get Borensteins finest food. As for the MAD-BOS flight, I am not sure. Last time I flew out of MAD, I got Hermolis albeit it was on BA. I am flying from MAD-LIM in Feb so will try report back, but I am sure your flight back to BOS will be before my LIM flight.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by tedcruz
Welcome to FLYERTALK RebDovid. Hope you are all ready for Pesach. From BOS-MAD, you'll get Borensteins finest food. As for the MAD-BOS flight, I am not sure. Last time I flew out of MAD, I got Hermolis albeit it was on BA. I am flying from MAD-LIM in Feb so will try report back, but I am sure your flight back to BOS will be before my LIM flight.
I read your other, relatively-recent comments regarding Borensteins as rather negative. Are you, here, being ironic? More directly, do you suggest taking my own food?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:05 pm

I read your other, relatively-recent comments regarding Borensteins as rather negative. Are you, here, being ironic? More directly, do you suggest taking my own food?
I am indeed being ironic!! It may be a good idea not to rely on Borensteins food from BOS-MAD. From MAD, I am not sure who provides the food, so it's your call.
Old May 1, 2019, 1:27 pm
Suspended

IMO youn cant go wrong with bringing your own food with you. The vast majority of KSMLs is really Salt disguised as food. The best is Hermolis (out of London) but even that is loaded with salt. today many meals have a hechsher that isnt really reliable anyways

I find all airline food is great if you are constipated, once you have eaten your meal in no time you wont be any longer

That said when in places w/o a kosher restaurant its nice getting some hot food to eat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.