FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Best Price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/984408-radisson-best-price-guarantee.html)

helahela Aug 12, 2009 8:42 am

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Hi,
Has anyone any experience with this.

I'm looking at one of the Radisson properties in Europe.

The website says €115 cheapest rate as a hot deal
hotels.com gives me the same room for £77, which should equal to roughly 90 euros.

What I don't want to do is book the hotel with hot deal with a non negotiable price and then they tell me something about how there was something different about hotels.com booking.

iancanton Aug 13, 2009 2:12 pm

we once used the radisson price promise successfully at a country inn in canada in 2007. radisson granted a 25% discount from the competing rate. from the information that u've given, one difference that i can see is that the third party website rate is in a different currency. try using a version of that website which is based in a country that uses the euro. it might not matter, but it removes one potential source of argument.

http://www.radisson.com/lrg/home.do

i also once had a price promise on a holiday inn rejected because the rate conditions were different (the competing lower rate did not provide instant confirmation online).

good luck!

ian. :)

Jonobigblind Sep 25, 2009 3:04 pm

I submitted a claim for a hotel in Europe with comparison from a UK based TA. The price was double on the Radisson website and they have rejected my claim as 'exchange rates will not be considered' (see below).

This ranks as one of the most ridiculous get out of jail statements I have ever seen. I could understand if the rate was within a few pound / Euro but to be double? A collapsing of the economy could perhaps bring the rates a little closer but I don't think this is the basis for rejection.

All other elements are the same and I've even found the rate advertised in GBP on their website.

Very poor form IMO and the most ridiculous positioning I have seen from a company in a blatant attempt to shirk on a guarantee.

Renewing status if this occurs??? not on your nelly.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. At
this time, we are unable to honor the claim as the rate found on
xxx.co.uk is quoted in GBP and not the local currency of the
hotel which is EURO dollars.

Per our Best Online Rate Guarantee terms and conditions, if a rate is
found on another website that is lower than the best available rate on
our brand website, customer service must be able to confirm that the
rate is for the same date(s), the same room type, the same number of
guests and the same hotel. Exchange rates will not be considered

Jonobigblind Sep 29, 2009 11:15 am

Happily I can say that this is resolved as I found another website with price in Euro and amazingly it was mega cheap for the same rooms as on the Radisson website.

I now have the room for just over a third of the price originally quoted by Radisson.

Just as long as the hotel honour this (have the email saved and will take along) I'll be mega happy.

Quality stuff - faith restored.

kayexalate Feb 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Did they honor the rate?

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind (Post 12456515)
Happily I can say that this is resolved as I found another website with price in Euro and amazingly it was mega cheap for the same rooms as on the Radisson website.

I now have the room for just over a third of the price originally quoted by Radisson.

Just as long as the hotel honour this (have the email saved and will take along) I'll be mega happy.

Quality stuff - faith restored.

just emailed and got a best rate quote guarantee for a Radisson in Helsinki. No change on the reservation, the rate looks the same. In the comments, they wrote, "BORGLASTMINUTE.COM?77.80LESS25%=58.35."

However, those comments are editable, and anyone can write anything (including me).

I have the email they sent me confirming this, but worried that the hotel will just charge me what is on my reservation at Radisson.

How was your experience? I'll of course bring the email with me. Also worried b/c they quoted me an average daily rate while the hotel rate changes from weekday/weekend and my stay spans both.

Lastly, having a very late checkin, so don't know if they'll charge me the full nights rate quoted on the website on the first day or the discounted agreed upon rate.

Thanks.

kaaria Mar 31, 2011 5:26 pm

BRG

I found a huge price discrepancy. Radisson's site quoted $119 for the hotel, while a third party site quoted $83.30 for a $35.70 price difference. So 25% of is $62.47 which I understand is almost the employee rate. I just sent this in so I will let you know the feedback I get from Radisson. I am Gold elite so hopefully I will also be entitled to an upgrade.

kaaria Mar 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Radisson Suites Hotel Covina

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $62.47 per night plus tax. Your bed type and
smoking preference has been requested but cannot be guaranteed. This
email will serve as your confirmation for the best online rate
guarantee. Your confirmation number of xxxxx will remain the same.
Please keep this information for your records.

appenzeller Apr 14, 2011 10:20 am

just a marketing gimmick

can confirm post No 3. What a hoax that the website needs to be in the same currency as the hotels currency:td::td:

There are very few CHF online hotel websites so Radisson has a very easy way out of their Guarantee.

I hope they are more up to their promises when it comes to their hotels or do you just get crap as with their so-called guarantee

lowfareair Apr 14, 2011 12:14 pm

I can add my tale to the success stories - they confirmed the rate via email within 20 minutes. Took my CI&S price from $95 to $50 - not bad at all, especially given the only other hotels in the area with that price were Days Inns and Super 8s.

Jonobigblind Apr 15, 2011 11:14 am

Sorry for the delay, only just seen this thread again!

I can happily report that they did honour the rate. It was a pain to find one in Euro rather than GBP but well worth it as I paid about £30 per night for each double room (if my memory serves me correctly) instead of £100 per room per night. We also had breakfast thrown in with the rate.

Once the central booking agents accepted my rate challenge it appeared in my bookings. All was fine in check in, the stay and at check out time too.

I also received a room on a higher floor than the others and a good chunk of points for the stay so on this occasion I had my cake and ate it.

I'm using the points for one night in Sydney at the end of my honeymoon next month so all's well. :D:D

janetdoe Nov 9, 2011 11:13 am

How strict is Radisson with cancellation policies? For example, if I find a completely non-refundable pre-paid radisson rate, and a rate on another site that allows you to cancel with no penalty up to five days before the stay, will that be approved?

ixs Nov 9, 2011 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by janetdoe (Post 17420120)
How strict is Radisson with cancellation policies? For example, if I find a completely non-refundable pre-paid radisson rate, and a rate on another site that allows you to cancel with no penalty up to five days before the stay, will that be approved?

I had a best rate claim go through where the difference was "on same day, before 1800 cancellation" vs. "day before, 1600 cancellation" restriction.

But that is a rather minor issue.

In your case I would take the flexible radisson rate and claim the best rate guarantee against that one assuming that both are non-prepaid.

lightangel Nov 18, 2011 5:36 pm

successfully got GRG rate for Radisson Hotel Chicago O'Hare. brought the rate from around $120 down to around $57. Really satisfied with this!

zink88 Nov 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Lowest rate on radisson website is $79. Applying the AAA discount takes it to $63.20 and that is what has been booked. Found a rate of $58.96 for the same hotel on easyclicktravel.com. Both rates allow cancellation without penalty up to 1 day before check-in. Is this likely to get approved, or did I need to book the non-discounted $79 rate instead? If need be, I could always cancel the current reservation and rebook at $79 then submit my request, correct?

zink88 Nov 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by zink88 (Post 17523036)
Lowest rate on radisson website is $79. Applying the AAA discount takes it to $63.20 and that is what has been booked. Found a rate of $58.96 for the same hotel on easyclicktravel.com. Both rates allow cancellation without penalty up to 1 day before check-in. Is this likely to get approved, or did I need to book the non-discounted $79 rate instead? If need be, I could always cancel the current reservation and rebook at $79 then submit my request, correct?

$58.96 rate was accepted. New rate is now $44.22 + tax.