Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I had a BRG for a 2-room booking (different names but same booking number) approved but why would you book 2 rooms under the same name for the same dates..??
I'm making a gift to a couple of friends of mine! So i'll put my name on both reservations and it will be entirely paid by myself (they'll not check in/out).

Of course the convenience is not for th 9€ bargain but for the 20% off.
Furthermore I wanna challenge those "smart minds" at the BRG dep.

Do you know if the 2000 pts per booking via app is still valid (I'm talking about the old one, not the one launched this summer). In that case I could do a 1+1+1|||1+1+1 reservation to maximize benefits, asking for a reservation merging in few days.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Nov 3, 2015 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
cancellation terms?

First attempt at Club Carlson BRG, with the following situation:

Say the stay is Nov 18-20.

OTA $200, free cancellation until Nov 17th.

CC official website
$250 pre-paid
$300 free cancellation until 6pm on Nov 18th

I suppose if I book the CC flexible rate, my BRG will be denied due to different cancellation terms? This is really unfortunate as I doubt any OTAs can offer free cancellation until 6pm on arrival day...

On the other hand, if I book CC pre-paid, is the BRG all good? Here the cancellation terms are different but OTA is actually more generous.

Much appreciate your feedback before I sail into uncharted waters
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
First attempt at Club Carlson BRG, with the following situation:

Say the stay is Nov 18-20.

OTA $200, free cancellation until Nov 17th.

CC official website
$250 pre-paid
$300 free cancellation until 6pm on Nov 18th

I suppose if I book the CC flexible rate, my BRG will be denied due to different cancellation terms? This is really unfortunate as I doubt any OTAs can offer free cancellation until 6pm on arrival day...

On the other hand, if I book CC pre-paid, is the BRG all good? Here the cancellation terms are different but OTA is actually more generous.

Much appreciate your feedback before I sail into uncharted waters
correct.

What you can obtain is: book the pre-paid rate on CC and ask to match the OTA cancellation policy (+ maybe 25% discount!).

Obiusly, having seen in the past how the BRG dep. works on this matters, it is a 50-50 chance!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I would file it with flex rate to see if I get it, if not, move on.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:55 am

Thanks for the input, p4t and nacho!

I actually filed the flexible rate (as I didn't want to risk it) through the online BRG form. However, this was one week ago and I still haven't heard anything back from Club Carlson... Not sure 7 days radio silence is now the new norm??
Old Nov 21, 2015, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
Thanks for the input, p4t and nacho!

I actually filed the flexible rate (as I didn't want to risk it) through the online BRG form. However, this was one week ago and I still haven't heard anything back from Club Carlson... Not sure 7 days radio silence is now the new norm??
The last time i filed a BRG for a flexible rate (a non-ref. rate was available), the claim was denied for that reason.

Anyway try to press for a reply. Or forward the email you have received when you've applied for the BRG to [email protected] , explaining that, after 7 days, you didn't get any reply.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
The last time i filed a BRG for a flexible rate (a non-ref. rate was available), the claim was denied for that reason.

Anyway try to press for a reply. Or forward the email you have received when you've applied for the BRG to [email protected] , explaining that, after 7 days, you didn't get any reply.
A quick update on the BRG situation.

After my initial claim got no response for 7 days, I called Club Carlson service line (also tweeted them) -- they told me they couldn't locate my claim at all!

So I cancelled my initial booking and rebooked and submitted a second claim. Still, apparently they couldn't find the claim.

I used the following online form:
https://www.clubcarlson.com/borg/sec...Reservation.do

After submitting the claim, I do see the confirmation message "Thanking you for submitting blabla", but I have never received any confirmation emails.

Consider this happened for 2 separate claims one week apart, I really don't know what to make of this...
Old May 28, 2016, 1:50 pm

Any recent luck with Best Rate Guarantee with Radisson?

I also have a question about when the rate is available on several OTA but not available on Radisson.com (as in I can't book all 8 nights on Radisson.com due to availability).

This means I can't book on radisson.com first for the best rate match form to be completed online.

Is there a way I can call in and have them book it directly? I've narrowed it down to the very last night of the stay is not available on Radisson.com but I can book the entire 8 night stay on several OTA.

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2016, 9:03 am

Booked a stay at the Radisson Blu Berlin, Rate on the Radisson website was 164EUR/Night average, found the same hotel on expedia with an average rate of 98EUR/Night, filed the BRG form and they got back to me within 20 hours accepting my BRG request.

This puts me below the F&F rate for the same hotel, which is great!
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:38 am
jtz

Been looking for a BRG with any hotel chain for Bangkok 19th August to 22nd August and have found this if its any use to anyone.

Park plaza bangkok soi 18 Ł155.58
amoma.com Ł120

Hope someone can benefit from this. It's still a bit pricey for me so going to give it a miss.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:13 pm

Beware

I reserved a business class room and submitted a BRG form. My claim was accepted and I received a confirmation e-mail; but my room was downgraded to a standard room.

This happened last December; since then, I filed BRG claims three more times, in different properties, always reserving a business class room. Without exception, the claims were accepted and the room was downgraded.

In all these cases, I e-mailed CS requesting to correct the reserved room, and they were always quick to do so. But since this has happens four times in half a year, I believe there's a system here. Beware and double check your confirmation e-mails.

Shuly
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Booked: Country Inn and Suites, Orlando FL, 5 nights $129/nt on CC website - Fullly refundable, king suite

Found: $98/nt for my dates on hotwire, expedia, travelocity and a bunch more - everything else matched

Submitted claim right away. Received no automated saying claim submitted. No response within 48 hours. Checked my reservation online and they had lowered it and have taken off the 25% additional! $73.50/nt now

Still no email and the tax is at the same rate as it was with the original figure. Ill tweet at them next wednesday if no contact by them

2nd time (of 2) this year that I have been successful with this hotel
Old Aug 4, 2016, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I filled a claim for Radisson Blu BKK and the comparison rate was fully refundable with same cancellation terms (hotels.com). Just because it's not pay at hotel they rejected my claim?!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I found a hotel with a rate of $202 (converted) and an OTA rate of $113, so I started to read the BRG T&Cs, stopped when I saw the currency stipulation, and came here. Forget it. I'm moving on to a Renaissance.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
I found a hotel with a rate of $202 (converted) and an OTA rate of $113, so I started to read the BRG T&Cs, stopped when I saw the currency stipulation, and came here. Forget it. I'm moving on to a Renaissance.
If the OTA is big enough to have country sites or it's a pay at hotel rate - then currency shouldn't be a problem.

Beware: even the rate is cancellable, if you book flex rate you need to compare to a rate that you use your CC to guarantee the room. So any prepayment rate will be denied - regardless of their cancellation term.

I wrote on their FB to complain because the very same rate will be approved by most other chains. They honoured my claims at the end.

It's like a scam to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.