Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Lightbulb

Two reasons for this post: First, to point up how thinly they may staff this. And second to suggest that they consider training up the more general Customer Care staff in this function. Though it may be labor-intensive enough that they might need to hire.

I meant to mention above that, so far, I get the impression that they have one or two persons covering this. When I followed up on the phone with Customer Care once, the person who answered said, "I'm covering for her, let me see" -- but did expedite my claim. To be clearer: I called Customer Care, was referred to the office that handles the BRG claims, and there someone was covering for the person who researches them.

I do realize that it may be two, or three, but the conclusion, borne out in this thread, is still the same.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: AA
I had submitted a BRG with no response after 3 days. I found it effective to call during normal business hours and work my way to speaking to an actual BRG agent.

The agent was not specifically aware of the 24 Hour notification policy in the T&C, and told me that their team does not work on Sunday. It appears that there are some basic barriers to success in place.

This agent was rather reasonable on the phone. By this time, I had entered my 48-hours-prior-to-arrival window. Yet, I was able to get approval on the phone using a different competitor and at a lower rate than my original request.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by neuropanda
Yet, I was able to get approval on the phone ...
This part is better than my experience. I have only - ever - gotten the response that they will get back to me. Albeit very soon, I've figured it was a business practice so they don't have to be exposed to disgruntled or negotiating claimants -- given all the fine points that might be debated as discussed in all the FlyerTalk BRG threads. And, sometimes, the necessary research. Anyway, congrats on very responsive service.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by satori
I submitted a BRG claim for Park Inn Fresno on Friday and never heard back from Carlson. The rates changed today.

I cancelled the first reservation, booked a new reservation today and submitted a new BRG claim.

These 3-day and longer delays for Carlson to reply to a Best Rate Guarantee claim are unacceptable.
I just received the BRG claim rejection email for Park Inn after 4 days of waiting. They said the competitor rate changed today to reflect the same rate as theirs. I just emailed them a screenshot showing the competitor's lower rate at the time of booking. I wonder if you could just email them a screenshot instead of cancelling your original reservation. I had the same thought before, cancelling the original reservation and make a new booking (different date) and submit BRG that shows the lower rate. However, when I saw their BRG terms and condition that says:

"The Competing Rate must be available and bookable online by the general public in the local currency of the hotel. Rate disparities due to differences in currency exchange rates, fluctuations, or rounding, are not eligible for the guarantee. If the Competing Rate is no longer available to the public at the time the claim is reviewed by us, the Best Rates Guarantee will not apply, unless the guest provides us with satisfactory evidence of the Competing Rate."

It says unless the guest provides a satisfactory evidence of the competing rate. So I decided to submit the evidence of the screenshot for the lower rate.

Last edited by frugaltravel; Jul 3, 2012 at 4:39 pm
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ms Cat's Travel
I also did a BRG claim for the Park Inn over the weekend and I have yet to hear back. So, I'd also like to know if you called them. Thanks!
I didn't call them. They finally sent an email rejecting my BRG claim. However, they asked me to send a screenshot proving the "Sleep Number" evidence. I didn't bother to send them an email because the rate went down, so I decided to cancel the original reservation and booked the new one with the lower rate and submitted the new BRG.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by satori
I submitted a BRG claim for Park Inn Fresno on Friday and never heard back from Carlson. The rates changed today.

I cancelled the first reservation, booked a new reservation today and submitted a new BRG claim.

These 3-day and longer delays for Carlson to reply to a Best Rate Guarantee claim are unacceptable.
You didn't need to cancel, but simply call and send in screenshot.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:54 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Did I get a rejection? I'm not sure what this means?

I booked a prepaid rate for Park Plaza Bloomington for $132. Hotels.com had it for $118 (also prepaid, some details all across the board). I submitted a BRG claim 6/28.

Today I got the following response:

"Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found we offer the same rate as
hotels.com. We have sent a request to the hotel to get the rate
adjusted to $118.15 that is showing on our website. Please note, rates
are subject to change.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you."

What does this mean? I checked Club Carlson's site and now they're offering the same room at $118, but according to the t & c, I should be getting a rate of 75% of $118 (about $88).

Anita
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:00 am

Credit card not charged

I stayed in radisson lexington about 15 days back and sucessfully used the best rate guarantee. My credit card has still not been charged, and I recd the 50000 points. Anyone else has the same experience.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:17 pm
akp

Update on BRG

I posted the below a few days ago about my BRG claim.

I submitted 6/28, got the email response 7/4, and hadn't heard back by today 7/7 so I called.

The rep said that they had concluded that since the CC website now shows $118 (the hotels.com rate), that they'd MEET that price but not give me the 25% off. I pointed out that common sense suggests that the $118 wasn't available when i booked, or else I'd have never chosen a $132 rate over $118. He chuckled and said "I do not disagree!" He sent it for further review.

I assume I'll get the lower rate in the end but it is a fair amount of work to get them to honor the BRG.

Originally Posted by akp
I booked a prepaid rate for Park Plaza Bloomington for $132. Hotels.com had it for $118 (also prepaid, some details all across the board). I submitted a BRG claim 6/28.

Today I got the following response:

"Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found we offer the same rate as
hotels.com. We have sent a request to the hotel to get the rate
adjusted to $118.15 that is showing on our website. Please note, rates
are subject to change.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you."

What does this mean? I checked Club Carlson's site and now they're offering the same room at $118, but according to the t & c, I should be getting a rate of 75% of $118 (about $88).

Anita
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by flyer31
I stayed in radisson lexington about 15 days back and sucessfully used the best rate guarantee. My credit card has still not been charged, and I recd the 50000 points. Anyone else has the same experience.
I stayed at the Radisson Lex two weeks ago tonight as well and although my CC has been charged (and refunded--my shower didn't work in the room and they took off $25 when I told them), I have not gotten any points for the stay. Not the normal points or the 50k. I also did a BRG.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
This is ridiculous - I'm now on Day 7 waiting for a response - any response from CC (though as I can see below this isn't without precedent). I'm not adverse to calling in but it's now strictly sheer curiosity to see how long it actually takes to hear from CC.

And why do I have the feeling that I will hear from them within 24hrs of cancelling the room?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:01 pm

Never got a response at all to my latest request. Neither an email confirmation of my LRG request, nor an actual decision. I filed with only 4 days to go, but in May I did the same and got a positive response.

I did try calling multiple times but was always on hold and eventually disconnected.

I'm sure they are getting slammed with requests what with the Big night promo going on, but I don't see why there's not even the usual "we've received your request and will get back to you" automatic email.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:55 pm
akp

I'm officially annoyed now...

Originally Posted by akp
I posted the below a few days ago about my BRG claim.

I submitted 6/28, got the email response 7/4, and hadn't heard back by today 7/7 so I called.

The rep said that they had concluded that since the CC website now shows $118 (the hotels.com rate), that they'd MEET that price but not give me the 25% off. I pointed out that common sense suggests that the $118 wasn't available when i booked, or else I'd have never chosen a $132 rate over $118. He chuckled and said "I do not disagree!" He sent it for further review.

I assume I'll get the lower rate in the end but it is a fair amount of work to get them to honor the BRG.
I got ANOTHER email today saying "there was no difference in rate, so you don't get the 25% discount".

Seriously? So I'm an idiot who books an ADVANCE rate of $132 when $118 is available on the website? Really? How would I even do that???? Common sense plus the 6 day gap between when I booked / filed my claim suggests that CC reduced their rate after my claim. I have had a great experience with CC stays at Radisson and Country Inn, but I'm not at all impressed with the service from the BRG claim.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:18 am

I think it's become pretty clear that they're a little understaffed and overworked, which is good in some ways (empty hotel rooms do not maketh a manager happy!) but bad in other ways, such as customer service when it comes to BRGs.

In short, here's what you should consider mandatory to do right now for a BRG:

1. MOST IMPORTANT! Take a screenshot of the competitor site and price, ensuring all necessary fields are visible (date, number of people, refundable, breakfast)

2. Submit the BRG via the form

3. Wait 48+ hours then call, and offer to fax the evidence. You may even be able to just fax after #2, but I've not seen evidence of this working

My experience is that after #3, they will attend to your BRG immediately, especially if the stay is within the next 24 hours (as was my case).

If you're not willing to go through this process, or fax to a US number, then Club Carlson BRG is not for you (at this time)!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Originally Posted by mackenzie77
This is ridiculous - I'm now on Day 7 waiting for a response - any response from CC (though as I can see below this isn't without precedent). I'm not adverse to calling in but it's now strictly sheer curiosity to see how long it actually takes to hear from CC.

And why do I have the feeling that I will hear from them within 24hrs of cancelling the room?
I'm out. Got denied because the 'rate was not there anymore'. Well, duh. You looked for it nearly 9 days after I sent in the BRG form. Cancelled my reservation, will happily use my 350,000 points (wife and I) from this summer's promotions and stick to my usual hotel chains. I was pleasantly surprised by my promotion stays, had never considered CC before but now whatever window was slightly open to CC through these programs has now been shut again.

I find it weird how generous and straightforward CC has been with the summer promotions yet how understaffed and tightfisted they seem to be with the BRG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.