FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Best Price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/984408-radisson-best-price-guarantee.html)

JohnMI Jun 7, 2012 4:00 pm

What do they do as far as the wording not being "exact" between rooms. For example, I found a site that has a room for significantly less than Radisson.com does. It just lists it as a "standard room with a king bed". Radisson's own system doesn't list them that way -- what would be the same is what they would call "Guest Room-High Speed Net-Sleep Number Bed" (where you then have a choice of a King or 2 doubles), I think.

Do BPGs like that tend to go through? Or is Radisson likely to deny me and argue that a "Standard room with a king bed" is not the same as their "Guest room with a king Sleep number bed"?

I submitted yesterday -- still waiting for a response. Just curious of other's experiences/thoughts. Thanks!

- John...

dc333 Jun 7, 2012 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL (Post 18716747)
Any recommendations on the best sites to check for a BRG? I've tried all the norms, but a PM with some others would be greatly appreciated!

What do you consider the norms? I pretty much always start with Kayak since it shows a variety of booking channels. I've yet to be denied legitimate BRG claims from CC, Hilton, and IHG using pricing differences found originally thru Kayak.

I'd be interested in hearing if others have good success with other sites also.

TTnC4me Jun 7, 2012 8:52 pm

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found it has been more than 24 hours
since your reservation has been made with us. Per our terms and
conditions all claims for the best online rate guarantee must be made
within 24 hours of booking the reservation on our brand website.

Unfortunately, we are not able to confirm the lower rate.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.

So everyone is getting their BRG claim submitted within 24 hours?

Ambraciot Jun 7, 2012 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me (Post 18718818)

Yes, I'd guess about half the ones discussed here were submitted within 24 seconds.

JohnMI Jun 8, 2012 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jgoggan (Post 18717505)
What do they do as far as the wording not being "exact" between rooms. For example, I found a site that has a room for significantly less than Radisson.com does. It just lists it as a "standard room with a king bed". Radisson's own system doesn't list them that way -- what would be the same is what they would call "Guest Room-High Speed Net-Sleep Number Bed" (where you then have a choice of a King or 2 doubles), I think.

Do BPGs like that tend to go through? Or is Radisson likely to deny me and argue that a "Standard room with a king bed" is not the same as their "Guest room with a king Sleep number bed"?

I submitted yesterday -- still waiting for a response. Just curious of other's experiences/thoughts. Thanks!

- John...

Just to follow up on this, my BPG request was GRANTED for this without any hassle. Quite a savings too! It is a 2-night stay that would have been $228 before taxes ($109 for the first night and $119 for the second night). I found it elsewhere at BookingDotCom (via Kayak) for only $151. They accepted it and subtracted the 25% -- so I got the 2 nights that would have been $228 for only ~$113. Half price! Sweet. :)

It only worked because I was doing TWO nights. If I tried either of those nights as a single night at the same site, it didn't beat Radisson's price.

- John...

JohnMI Jun 8, 2012 9:14 am

Originally Posted by TTnC4me (Post 18718818)

Yes.

Of course, if your current reservation can be canceled without any penalty, then all you do is book a NEW reservation for the same night first and THEN immediately do a new BPG request against that one. Once you've obtained it, then you go and cancel that old one that was already past the 24 hour window.

Of course, if you are already stuck with a non-cancelable rate and it is past the 24 hours, then you're likely out of luck, sorry.

- John...

TTnC4me Jun 8, 2012 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jgoggan (Post 18721282)
... if you are already stuck with a non-cancelable rate and it is past the 24 hours, then you're likely out of luck, sorry.
- John...

Chalk one up - lesson learned the hard way.

wangxu78 Jun 8, 2012 2:10 pm

sorry for double posting

violettulip Jun 8, 2012 2:55 pm

Not sure if it is just my luck, or I am not fully understanding their BRG terms:

A girl friend is doing the current promo with me and we both booked a room in the same Radisson hotel on the same night. We found a slight better rate on Easytobook.com through Kayak, and submitted BRG claim.

almost two days later, she got reply and her claim is approved. However, mine was shot down with this:
"
We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and although we did find the rate you have
mentioned the lower rate was not able to be booked and confirmed online,
it is actually a request for a reservation. The Best Online Rate only
is valid when lower rate found is viewable and bookable online by the
general public and confirmed online.

Per the terms of www.easytobook.com:

Easytobook.com has the right to cancel your booking within 72 hours
after booking time. In case of cancellation by easytobook.com, will
attempt to offer you a similar hotel accommodation in the same quality
and price classification, but shall not be held liable should it fail to do so.

Unfortunately, we are not able to confirm the lower rate.
"

I actually went to the website, and booked a room with cheaper rate, and sent them a screen shot. But got this very similar reply:

" We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and although we did find the rate you have
mentioned, it is actually a request for a reservation. The Best Online
Rate only is valid when lower rate found is viewable and bookable online
by the general public and confirmed online. There terms allow them the
right to cancel a reservation up to 72 hours after it is booked online.

Unfortunately, we are not able to ascertain the reservation is confirmed
and not a request.
"

I thought all the third party hotel booking site have their fine prints, but didn't realize this can be a reason for denying the BRG.

I keep feeling this "Request for reservation" is just a reason they used to deny the claim. Especially consider my friend got approved for the exact same claim. Should I call to argue? Of course I won't mention her, as I don't want to ruin her chance for a happier deal.

5DMarkIIguy Jun 13, 2012 1:57 am

Booked the SJC Rad and did the BPG. Other family members got the BPG. I didn't. Emailed again, but after 2 weeks, still no response.

frugaltravel Jun 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi, I was wondering regarding the room description. I plan to book 1 night at Country Inn and Suites in New Orleans. Their price now is $106.25. The room description is one king Guest Room with complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I saw a lower rate at Booking Buddy (agoda), the price shows $86. The room description is Double 1 king size bed. Breakfast included. So the difference in the description is "ONE" king in Country Inn's website and "DOUBLE" 1 King in agoda website. I don't really understand what it means with double 1 king? I want to book and submit the BRG, however this is a prepaid rate ($106.25), once I book, no cancellation allowed. Is there such thing as Double 1 King? Thanks!

Adam1222 Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Warning of a weird developing situation.
I had a BPG confirmed a few weeks ago for the Blu Chicago.
I logged into my account today to look at something else, and when I clicked on the reservation, it showed up as having been canceled.
I called the number from my BPG confirmation, and the agent determined that the hotel had canceled my reservation and made a new one -- at a higher rate and with a different confirmation number. She then called the hotel and left a message with their revenue department telling them to call me back and they should honor my original BPG rate.
I still have no idea what the new confirmation number or rate even is. This was at 9:30am today, and I have not received a call back.

ttraveler Jun 15, 2012 4:26 am

When in doubt

Originally Posted by frugaltravel (Post 18757931)
Hi, I was wondering regarding the room description. I plan to book 1 night at Country Inn and Suites in New Orleans. Their price now is $106.25. The room description is one king Guest Room with complimentary hot breakfast buffet. I saw a lower rate at Booking Buddy (agoda), the price shows $86. The room description is Double 1 king size bed. Breakfast included. So the difference in the description is "ONE" king in Country Inn's website and "DOUBLE" 1 King in agoda website. I don't really understand what it means with double 1 king? I want to book and submit the BRG, however this is a prepaid rate ($106.25), once I book, no cancellation allowed. Is there such thing as Double 1 King? Thanks!

When in doubt I usually call the hotel itself to clarify what types of rooms they have and if they confirm that there is no difference between a king guest room and a double 1 king (? possibly 2 guests 1 king bed), in the comments section of your claim I would state that. In other words, tell them you called hotel and they confirmed it was the same room type. I'd also call agoda if they provide a number and clarify with them. However, and this is just me, I never book a non-refundable room that I plan to file a BRG on because you just never know.

frugaltravel Jun 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by ttraveler (Post 18760524)
When in doubt I usually call the hotel itself to clarify what types of rooms they have and if they confirm that there is no difference between a king guest room and a double 1 king (? possibly 2 guests 1 king bed), in the comments section of your claim I would state that. In other words, tell them you called hotel and they confirmed it was the same room type. I'd also call agoda if they provide a number and clarify with them. However, and this is just me, I never book a non-refundable room that I plan to file a BRG on because you just never know.

Thanks! I'll call the hotel & agoda to check on the double 1 king description. I have a trip coming up to New Orleans and wanting to take advantage of the BOGO promotion and the availability is only the prepaid one. Oh well.

aviator8 Jun 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 18758792)
Warning of a weird developing situation.
I had a BPG confirmed a few weeks ago for the Blu Chicago.
I logged into my account today to look at something else, and when I clicked on the reservation, it showed up as having been canceled.
I called the number from my BPG confirmation, and the agent determined that the hotel had canceled my reservation and made a new one -- at a higher rate and with a different confirmation number. She then called the hotel and left a message with their revenue department telling them to call me back and they should honor my original BPG rate.
I still have no idea what the new confirmation number or rate even is. This was at 9:30am today, and I have not received a call back.

Being that this is their flagship hotel, it would be in very poor taste for them to treat you this way, especially in the evidence of the BRG email you received as evidence of your booking an approved claim. I am interested in seeing how this works out. Please keep us posted.