FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Best Price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/984408-radisson-best-price-guarantee.html)

chistery Apr 25, 2012 12:44 pm

How does the BRG work with prepaid rates? If successful, will they credit the difference immediately?

Ambraciot May 7, 2012 2:22 pm

Is this an unusual post BRG rate summary?

Sun May 27, 2012 $0.00 USD
Room 1 Cost $0.00 USD
Estimated Taxes $1.00 USD
Estimated Additional Fees $0.00 USD
Total Estimated Cost
for 1 Room $1.00 USD

Special Requests: VALID BORG- $77.68 USD LESS 25% = $58.26 USD
I'm actually pretty ambivalent between them giving me a free night or giving me the 50k promo bonus points, either way it's a good deal.

Adam1222 May 7, 2012 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 18530572)

I'm actually pretty ambivalent between them giving me a free night or giving me the 50k promo bonus points, either way it's a good deal.

That's generally what it's looked like for me.

Exiled in Express May 7, 2012 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot (Post 18530572)

My BRG reservation is showing the same thing. Do BRG stays earn Club points at the lower paid rate?

hummel May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Will ClubCarlson beat a rate with ebates 13% cashback?

Can get room on Hotelclub for $160 (Club Carlson same price) but with 13% ebates offer bring it down to around $140.

Thoughts?

Adam1222 May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Radisson doesn't care about your ebate. It cares about the rate you book at.

DrSifu May 18, 2012 2:45 pm

what happens if I submit a BRG based on a lower advertised price after my reservation is made and then the website re-adjust it's price to align with Radisson before I get a response?

I took screenshots, so am hoping to use those as proof.

Anyone else been in this situation and what was the outcome?

Thank you

EDIT: BRG requires the lower advertised price still be effective at the time that they perform the price check, whenever that may be. In my case, I got a response back in 26 hrs. I just sent them screenshots and will update with outcome.

The screenshots sent via email didn't work since they said the attachment was too large. So i faxed in the screenshots which contained a time stamp on the bottom corner on a Monday and received a response on a Thursday approving the BRG.

Moral of the story, take screen shots.

TallestHotelInJapan May 21, 2012 6:02 pm

How to submit a BRG claim ?

How can I submit a BRG claim with Club Carlson? I found only a form which needs to be faxed. Is this how it works? Can I not submit a BRC claim online?

Adam1222 May 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 18618200)
How can I submit a BRG claim with Club Carlson? I found only a form which needs to be faxed. Is this how it works? Can I not submit a BRC claim online?

If you're doing a Park Inn, it depends if its a Rezidor or Carlson property. The links are right on the page. If its a Carlson property, you can do it online just like a Radisson. If its a Rezidor, you have to fax. I'd click the Carlson link either way and see if it works.

aviator8 May 21, 2012 8:54 pm

I saw it was asked but not answered.

If I have booked a nigh at a points earning rate of 89/night, then i sent in a BRG claim for a rate matching everything (date, guests/room type/etc) for 71/nt. If they approve the BRG will it still be considered a points earning stay? I would think so since the original booking was, but I want to get some real world experience. This will be for the Big night giveaway promo.

TTnC4me May 22, 2012 11:22 am

Originally Posted by aviator8 (Post 18618970)

If I have booked a nigh at a points earning rate of 89/night, then i sent in a BRG claim for a rate matching everything (date, guests/room type/etc) for 71/nt. If they approve the BRG will it still be considered a points earning stay? I would think so since the original booking was, but I want to get some real world experience. This will be for the Big night giveaway promo.

Are you still paying for the room?:rolleyes:

Fwiw, my BRG claim took almost exactly 48 hours to receive a reply.
Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found we offer the same rate as
hotelplanner.com. Please revisit our brand website to adjust your
reservation to the $66.75 rate per night. Please note, rates are subject
to change.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.

So, what this means is that in the interim of them researching, they changed their rate on their site. So predictable. What I don't get is that they want me to adjust my reservation? I have a reservation that is non-ref so I can't cancel & rebook if that's what they're implying. Should've guessed from many responses in this thread that this wasn't going to go smoothly.:(

Exiled in Express May 23, 2012 9:22 am

Originally Posted by aviator8 (Post 18618970)

I can now answer this one. :D

The points post as expected with the post-BRG rate, online booking bonus included. I did get a low room floor overlooking the HVAC on my BRG stay but it was a one night stay and I wasn't in the room much.

dukie570 May 23, 2012 11:15 am

If anyone is in the Boston area, pretty good rate at the Radisson in Chelmsford. Took 24 hours to get the response below.

have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $56.25 per night plus tax. This email will serve
as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.

NJUPINTHEAIR May 23, 2012 11:55 am

Originally Posted by dukie570 (Post 18628778)
If anyone is in the Boston area, pretty good rate at the Radisson in Chelmsford. Took 24 hours to get the response below.

have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $56.25 per night plus tax. This email will serve
as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number of _____________ will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.

DUKIE --

Remove your confirmation number to preserve your annonymity.

aviator8 May 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express (Post 18628065)
I can now answer this one. :D

The points post as expected with the post-BRG rate, online booking bonus included. I did get a low room floor overlooking the HVAC on my BRG stay but it was a one night stay and I wasn't in the room much.

thank you for the positive confirmation