Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I am trying to get a BRG approved. Put in 2 claims for the same ressie over 36 hrs ago. I havent' heard back. They claim to take up to 48 hrs... so I guess they are backlogged. SPG works must faster. Im new to using Club Carlson, but this experience isn't instilling confidence. I'll report back on what they find.

I'm reporting back - they denied the request. And yes, the intermediary I supplied now shows higher rates. But they took 48 hrs to check! Guess the rates changed. 48 hrs is too long to wait.
Yes, I had the same problem with slow responses from Club Carlson; it is especially bad over weekends, since they seem to work Mo-Fr only. Usually though I take screen shots of the competing site.

But I agee that the CC BRG staff are nowhere near as professional as some of the other hotel chains. CC sucks.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
This is ill-minded. You did the wrong thing by cancelling Radisson and book another hotel!
Sorry, I cannot agree with you. When a hotel denies a BRG claim for such a bogus reason (tax included on competing site), I would also cancel my booking and stay somewhere else and then send copies of the correspondence + new booking at non-Carlson hotel to Carlson's executive office in MSP.

Those women at the BRG desk at CC are absolute bitc$#s
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Radisson Best Price guarantee

yay misogyny!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by golmaale
Sorry, I cannot agree with you. When a hotel denies a BRG claim for such a bogus reason (tax included on competing site), I would also cancel my booking and stay somewhere else and then send copies of the correspondence + new booking at non-Carlson hotel to Carlson's executive office in MSP.

Those women at the BRG desk at CC are absolute bitc$#s
To their email or via snail mail? I just did this and would like to do the same. What is the address of either (whichever you recommend)?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:32 pm

To their email or via snail mail? I just did this and would like to do the same. What is the address of either (whichever you recommend)?
Everything was done by e-mail:

Initially to [email protected]
Escalated to [email protected]
Resolved by [email protected]

They certainly gave me a hard time and the problem was caused initially by their not looking at my claim for 72+ hours!
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by golmaale
Everything was done by e-mail:

Initially to [email protected]
Escalated to [email protected]
Resolved by [email protected]

They certainly gave me a hard time and the problem was caused initially by their not looking at my claim for 72+ hours!
So how was it resolved ? Did they approved the BRG ? And did you cancelled your other reservation ?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
So how was it resolved ? Did they approved the BRG ? And did you cancelled your other reservation ?
You'll be shocked (sarcasm!) to learn I'm still waiting to hear back. They have a few hrs before it's 48 hours and as I'm learning, they like to take the whole time.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Had my BRG claim denied for what is possibly the biggest technicality. Oh well... Marriott here I come. Makes me wonder why I even bothered to status match.

Dear Mr. Crazyhorse,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a Best Online Rate Guarantee form.

Although we did find the rate you have mentioned, we have found the
cancellation policies are different.

Our cancellation policy states you can cancel by 6 PM (Hotel Time) on
the day of arrival, and there is no penalty.

The cancellation policy on www.kayak.com states you can cancel by 3 PM
(hotel Time) on the day of arrival and there is no penalty.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:49 am

Yes, they approved the BRG at the end - it just took some correspondence (=perseverance).

There was no 'other reservation' in this case, as it was a non-refundable booking. I had mentioned booking another hotel in another context and in response to another post, where the booking was for a normal 6pm cancellation and hence could be cancelled without penalty. I would be crazy to waste time in writing messages to CC if they unjustifiably deny a flexible rate BRG; I would simply book another hotel and stick my thumb to CC.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:57 am

Thumbs down

Ok, so here is the latest. I sent over the confirmation email as described a few posts ago. And I asked if they would accept a confirmation email as proof of a lower rate.

Here is their response:
"We will review screen shots of rates that are no longer visible on third
party websites. We will need the complete booking pages. It will
generally be 3-4 pages up to the point were the site requests your
personal information. Please do not input your personal information or
you may end up with a reservation from the third party of which we are
unable to assist with cancelling if need be."

Clearly the CS people cannot read or understand basic english. I obviously already booked the room at the intermediary and it was the last one. And I forwarded them a request telling them this and including the confirmation email. So how can I now get the booking pages (those shown to me prior to booking it?). I have re-emailed them to see if they will accept a confirmation email - although since I already did that once I'm doubtful they'll actually read and consider my request properly this time.

The only good news I can see from this, is that in the future - we can simply save screen grabs of lower prices without actually booking them and they will consider this. Of course, if they deny us (as in the ridiculous example above where the cancellation policy was 3 hrs off), then I will have only their booking at the higher rate. I must say this is really poor customer service on Club Carlson's part and is leaving a horrible taste in my mouth re their chain.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Jul 29, 2013 at 10:58 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:01 pm

After 3 emails back and forth I finally was able to get them to look at the confirmation email and screen shots to consider my brg request. And I'm sure you will not be shocked to find they denied it. Here's why:

"Upon review of both rooms, the request is denied due to breakfast being included in the rate."

Apparently rates that include breakfast, even where both rates include it, are ineligible for the guarantee:

Per their T&C's
"Package rates that include the room and other components such as meals, amenities and entertainment."

To me this is absurd. Both rooms include breakfast!!! Why would this not be eligible? It is apples to apples.

So, like the Crazyhorse above, I find that I am out of luck. I shall make my own guarantee, Radisson and Club Carlson will see little, if any, business from me going forward.

I remain now even more loyal to Starwood (where breakfast is not a reason to deny a claim) and will continue my search for an alternate backup chain.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Jul 29, 2013 at 5:30 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska
After 3 emails back and forth I finally was able to get them to look at the confirmation email and screen shots to consider my brg request. And I'm sure you will not be shocked to find they denied it. Here's why:

"Upon review of both rooms, the request is denied due to breakfast being included in the rate."

Apparently rates that include breakfast, even where both rates include it, are ineligible for the guarantee:

Per their T&C's
"Package rates that include the room and other components such as meals, amenities and entertainment."

To me this is absurd. Both rooms include breakfast!!! Why would this not be eligible? It is apples to apples.

So, like the Crazyhorse above, I find that I am out of luck. I shall make my own guarantee, Radisson and Club Carlson will see little, if any, business from me going forward.

I remain now even more loyal to Starwood (where breakfast is not a reason to deny a claim) and will continue my search for an alternate backup chain.
Good for you. Incredible being denied on a breakfast ammenity.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:39 am
Used to be highman123

It's incredible how quickly the Club Carlson BRG degraded from one of the best (much like Marriott) to one of the worst in less than 12 months. They should stop putting that claim on their website and be honest with their customers! Radisson/Club Carlson has no BRG.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Just posted a claim regarding a reservation at Radisson Blu Berlin. The price quoted when booked through clubcarlson.com was more than EUR 200 more than the price for the same room when booked through a third party booking site.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Had my BRG claim denied for what is possibly the biggest technicality. Oh well... Marriott here I come. Makes me wonder why I even bothered to status match.
Received a response from CC within a few hours from posting the claim for BRG. However, the claim itself was rejected based on a difference in the cancellation policies. According to the cancellation policy by Radisson the reservation may be cancelled by 6 PM CET with no penalty. However, the booking made through a third party site allows the cancellation without a penalty until 7 PM CET and based on this the claim was rejected (i.e. the lower rate, which was approximately 40% less than the one available through clubcarlson.com, was better on its cancellation terms).

Although the terms & conditions of the BRG do state that the rates shall be subject to same restrictions I find the rejection based on one hour difference in the cancellation (in the benefit of the customer) absurd and a case-example of poor customer service. I have often stayed at Radissons as the ones in the Nordic countries tend to be quite decent. However, after this experience I believe its time to take advantage of the cancellation terms and see what e.g. Starwood has to offer, if not for anything else then just for the sake of principle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.