Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:05 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Just gotta figure out what to do in Indy for this weekend
Take a look at Flyertalk Community Buzz forum, there is a Do (event/meeting) in Indy this Friday, as well as nearby Kentucky for Sat &/or Sun.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Finally got confirmation of BRG for this Friday in Indianapolis for $25.81! My wife got Saturday for $43.39 because they were so slow in confirming the rate was gone. Still can't complain 2 nights for $69, we'll earn a little over 10,000 Gold points, and 2 free nights at any Radisson.
Now thats a deal I can live with. Just gotta figure out what to do in Indy for this weekend
I am surprised you were able to find a rate that was higher on the Radisson site that was higher. It usually is the same and then goes higher right after the 48 hour mark which negates your ability to do a BRG. I thought I was going to be able to do one for Saturday but it will not let me select it on the site for submitting it.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Originally Posted by penner42
It shouldn't. I had a successful claim on a booking with two rooms. I don't see why separate reservations from the same household should be any different.
Choice Hotels does this.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Another cheating BRG denial case from Club Carlson:

Radisson Sobieski Warsaw
  • November 30, 2012
  • Single Room
  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Rate on Radisson.com: 357.50 PLN
  • Rate on www.clever-hotels.com: 255.00 PLN (change to local currency)

Almost needles to say that my claim was denied:
  • First denial: Cannot find room --> described them how to find the hotel
  • Second denial: Found hotel but don't know how to calculate taxes --> explained that taxes in Poland are always 8 % and explaines that total price versus total price is to be compared
  • Third denial: Rate disparities --> there is no rate discrepancy because both websites in hotels local currency

Once again silly cheating excuses from Club Carlson just to not honor a BRG claim. Once more I canceled my Club Carlson booking and rebooked with another chain. Club Carlson is like Hilton: cheating!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan

Radisson Sobieski Warsaw
  • November 30, 2012
  • Single Room
  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Rate on Radisson.com: 357.50 PLN
  • Rate on www.clever-hotels.com: 255.00 PLN (change to local currency)

Almost needles to say that my claim was denied:
  • First denial: Cannot find room --> described them how to find the hotel
  • Second denial: Found hotel but don't know how to calculate taxes --> explained that taxes in Poland are always 8 % and explaines that total price versus total price is to be compared
  • Third denial: Rate disparities --> there is no rate discrepancy because both websites in hotels local currency

Once again silly cheating excuses from Club Carlson just to not honor a BRG claim. Once more I canceled my Club Carlson booking and rebooked with another chain. Club Carlson is like Hilton: cheating!

From looking at your posts, it seems the following companies are "cheaters" or some other nasty adjective in your book:
Wyndham
Hilton
Club Carlson
Alitalia
Swiss
Singapore
Dozens of posters in AviancaTaca
UBS
CreditSuisse
Travelocity
Choice
US Airways (a " very bad bad bad airline") . . .
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
In which sense does your impertinent posting contribute to the on hand topic "Club Carlson BRG"

I am talking about facts - you are insulting people.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:24 am

In which sense does your impertinent posting contribute to the on hand topic "Club Carlson BRG"

I am merely educating people about the context in which you are repeatedly labeling others as "cheaters" so that they may better evaluate your claims. I'm solely providing facts. I apologize if you find pointing out your insults of others an insult.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond

Well based on facts you haven't got a valid BRG as even if all of the points they mentioned to you were not valid - the cancellation policies for the booking on clever-hotels.com and Radisson are different!!!

The Radisson rate is fully flexible and clever-hotels.com is prepaid and in case of cancellation definitely 80% non refundable according to their T&Cs.

I can only advise everybody to read the T&C's of the competitor website before whining about a denied BRG.

I for one are very happy with their BRG and had four sucessfull BRG claims for stays in the next months in the last week.

Last edited by Mora; Oct 26, 2012 at 7:14 am
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:25 am

l[*]Second denial: Found hotel but don't know how to calculate taxes --> explained that taxes in Poland are always 8 % and explaines that total price versus total price is to be compared
That's not how BRG's work. It's not total price versus total price. It's pre tax rate versus pre tax rate. If a site has a with tax inclusive rate, than that rate is compared against the pre-tax rate on Radisson for the BRG.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:34 pm

does anybody knows if the guarantee is honored when a cheaper room is found at costco travel?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
That's not how BRG's work. It's not total price versus total price. It's pre tax rate versus pre tax rate. If a site has a with tax inclusive rate, than that rate is compared against the pre-tax rate on Radisson for the BRG.
Nonsense….If Radisson quotes tax separately, pre-tax to pre-tax rates are compared of course.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by slowly
Nonsense….If Radisson quotes tax separately, pre-tax to pre-tax rates are compared of course.
I dont think you comprehended what I said correctly. Re-read what I said again, because your point agrees with mine.

BRG's are pre tax versus pre tax. HOWEVER, if you find a website with a lower price which is tax inclusive (and doesnt break out the tax and room-rate separately), the BRG claim from the other site must be lower than the PRE TAX rate on the Radisson site. This is how all BRG's work for almost all hotel chains.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:47 pm

If you say your point agrees with mine, then you are formulating it quite strangely. Pre tax rates are compared. That's it. No HOWEVERS.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by slowly
If you say your point agrees with mine, then you are formulating it quite strangely. Pre tax rates are compared. That's it. No HOWEVERS.
Well, no.
Pre-tax rates on Radisson are compared with pre-tax rates if the other site has one. Many sites do NOT have them, though, and Radisson will not take 8% off an all-in rate based on your telling them that the tax rate is 8% in that jurisdiction.
For example, Radisson rate = $100. You pay 10% tax at the hotel. Othersite.com rate = $105 inclusive of all taxes and fees. That is not a valid claim.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Well, no.
Pre-tax rates on Radisson are compared with pre-tax rates if the other site has one. Many sites do NOT have them, though, and Radisson will not take 8% off an all-in rate based on your telling them that the tax rate is 8% in that jurisdiction.
Sure they will. And they don't need me telling what the tax rate is, that's visible in their reservation system after all, otherwise it couldn't calculate the total.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.