FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Best Price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/984408-radisson-best-price-guarantee.html)

yarrowfell Aug 1, 2012 6:55 pm

Looking at doing my first BRG with Radisoon

From Radisson site:

Hot Deals - Classic Guest Room 760.00 FJD
Estimated taxes 152.00 FJD
Estimated fees 0.00 FJD
Total Est. Cost
for 1 room 912.00 FJD

From competing site:

Hotel Nights: 2
Guests: 3
Rooms: 1
US $408.98 (FJD $730)
Taxes and fees US $76.48
Wow20off applied - US$81.80
Total trip cost $403.66
Promotion discount applied

Just read the rules and think should be approved by my calculation at about FJD $525 + taxes.

Given it is a prepaid rate of the radisson site I want to try and guarantee a success.

bevoinva Aug 1, 2012 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by yarrowfell (Post 19043578)
Looking at doing my first BRG with Radisoon

From Radisson site:

Hot Deals - Classic Guest Room 760.00 FJD
Estimated taxes 152.00 FJD
Estimated fees 0.00 FJD
Total Est. Cost
for 1 room 912.00 FJD

From competing site:

Hotel Nights: 2
Guests: 3
Rooms: 1
US $408.98 (FJD $730)
Taxes and fees US $76.48
Wow20off applied - US$81.80
Total trip cost $403.66
Promotion discount applied

Just read the rules and think should be approved by my calculation at about FJD $525 + taxes.

Given it is a prepaid rate of the radisson site I want to try and guarantee a success.

Make sure the rate on the other web site is in the same currency as the Radisson site. They will deny the BRG if they are in different currencies.

hw807 Aug 3, 2012 8:59 am

I tried twice for BRG with Radisson and both were success.

Most of time, discount was over $50-100...amazing...

But, last time, when I checking in at the front, they didn't have information

about my BRG, so there was some noise, but solved without any confliction.

TallestHotelInJapan Aug 10, 2012 12:19 pm

BRG scam with Park Plaza

My Radisson BRG was also approved a couple of weeks ago. My Park Plaza BRG was denied for silly reasons. They no longer accept emails, only the form on the website. I had to send them two times the print screens because "they could not find the rate". Today I was denied "because I did not send the print screens". Wyndham BRG is now the same scam as Hilton BRG :td:

mster Aug 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Booked two nights at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Helsinki from 9/1-9/3 on radisson.com for €285 and filed a BRG for €256 on hotels.com or expedia.ie. I'll post the results when I hear back (and in the meantime anyone see a lower rate?).

oavsett Aug 16, 2012 8:56 am

My first BRG went well.
Radisson Blu Waterfront, Stockholm. Expedia was 10% off from same rates as clubcarlson.com, another 25% off = 32,5% discount.

Everest Aug 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Is there any way to email this form instead of faxing it? Who uses fax? :(

nacho Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Everest (Post 19160532)
Is there any way to email this form instead of faxing it? Who uses fax? :(

Radisson :D

You can go online and google online fax. I found one that only allows me to fax 1 document at a time. So I found a software that merge 2 pdf together because I needed to fax in a BRG form and a sceenshot of the comparison site.

I managed to fill in the pdf form by using signature function - not the nicest result but it worked. That's what I had to do because I don't have a printer at home.

Everest Aug 21, 2012 5:31 am

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 19160620)
Radisson :D

You can go online and google online fax. I found one that only allows me to fax 1 document at a time. So I found a software that merge 2 pdf together because I needed to fax in a BRG form and a sceenshot of the comparison site.

I managed to fill in the pdf form by using signature function - not the nicest result but it worked. That's what I had to do because I don't have a printer at home.

Could you give me the US number to which you faxed the forms? I can only find a fax no. in Ireland!

nacho Aug 21, 2012 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Everest (Post 19163294)
Could you give me the US number to which you faxed the forms? I can only find a fax no. in Ireland!

Are you sure that you need to fax? I just googled Radisson BRG and you need to submit an online form:

http://www.radisson.com/lrg/home.do

Everest Aug 21, 2012 7:01 am

Thanks, nacho. Had to cancel my other booking and rebook via the radisson.com site... apparently booking on radissonblu.com means the booking doesn't show up on the radisson.com "my bookings".

Thanks again :)

nacho Aug 21, 2012 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Everest (Post 19163804)
Thanks, nacho. Had to cancel my other booking and rebook via the radisson.com site... apparently booking on radissonblu.com means the booking doesn't show up on the radisson.com "my bookings".

Thanks again :)

Don't forget the cash back :)

Majikow Aug 26, 2012 8:02 am

I just submitted a BRG yesterday for the Park Plaza County Hall in London.

Rate Information and Room Summary (from Park Plaza reservation)
Subtotal: 936.00 GBP Plus applicable Fees and Taxes *
Rate Type: Best Flexible Rate-Executive Studio Room
(4 Nights)
1 Double Bed
Non Smoking
Executive Studio-City view-30 SQM-WIFI
Sat Oct 27 2012 219.00 British Pound (GBP) plus Tax for 1 night
Sun Oct 28 2012 229.00 British Pound (GBP) plus Tax for 1 night
Mon Oct 29 2012 239.00 British Pound (GBP) plus Tax for 1 night
Tue Oct 30 2012 249.00 British Pound (GBP) plus Tax for 1 night
* Estimated Fees: 0.00 GBP
* Estimated Taxes: 187.20 GBP
* Estimated Total Price: 1,123.20 GBP

The rate at the competing site is:
203.99 GBP per night, total of £979.20 (refundable)

Within two hours I heard back from someone at Club Carlson saying they were denying my BRG. She said that there was a lower rate on their website, the Advanced Purchase Rate room. She also said the rate on the competing website was no longer available.

After checking the competing website, the room was definitely still available and bookable (which I did since it was refundable). I replied saying that I made a reservation for a refundable room, and the other room was still available for the lower price.

Anyone else have this experience? Am I missing something? The T's & C's say the room must be "subject to the same rate rules and/or restrictions", so I figured I was in the clear.

It's now been almost 24 hours since I submitted the claim and they replied to me. If I indeed do have a valid claim, is there someone I can complain to?

Cheetah_SA Aug 26, 2012 8:25 am

Just reply to the e-mail address from which you received the response. I politely pushed back when my claim was denied on a technicality (room description marginally different) and it was approved the second time around.

Majikow Aug 26, 2012 8:36 am

I did reply almost immediately after they got back to me. I am just surprised it's taking them so long to get back to me the second time since the first time I had a response in less than two hours. But I guess it is the weekend. Let's hope I get some better luck the second time.