Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Narita Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Radisson Narita Review

I have had two nights recently, the first in December the other in January.

The hotel is approx 25 minutes via bus from the airport, it's in the middle of knowhere, there is a small convenience store about 5 minutes walk away. Reception was nice, I was traveling with my family, 2 adults, a 3 year old and a baby, the room we were given was supposed to be a family room, two single beds and a rollaway, the baby slept with his mum. The standard room is very small, I was expecting to get an upgrade as I'm Gold Elite, this didn't happen.

The hotel has a good gym and pool area, although as it was winter only the indoor poor was in use. The breakfast was excellent, one of the best hotel breakfasts I have in a while, they do excellent omlets. we didn't eat diner in the resturant so I can't comment however room service is fast and the food ok. The sports bar is lively and there is a childrens play room suitable for uder 5's.

On the return trip I asked for an upgrade and received it, this room was great much bigger than the so called family room, although I had to pay extra for the rollaway bed. In this room the bathroom was almost fullsized.

The hotel is also the crew hotel for Delta, on both stays there was a long wait at reception before being checked in and out. Not good when travelling with children.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any current reviews of this property? Particularly interested in quality of the internet in the guest room and any upgrades/bennies for Club Carlson GOLD status. Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
This hotel seems to charge different rates for the same room if I put in one person or two….The problem is I don't know yet if my friend will join me. What happens if I book a single advance purchase rate and then we show up 2? Nothing? Rate changed to rack rate? Difference between prepaid single and double rate charged?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by slowly
This hotel seems to charge different rates for the same room if I put in one person or two….The problem is I don't know yet if my friend will join me. What happens if I book a single advance purchase rate and then we show up 2? Nothing? Rate changed to rack rate? Difference between prepaid single and double rate charged?
It's fairly typical in Japan to have a rate difference of a few thousand Yen based on double vs single occupancy. I don't think booking for one is a big deal if you aren't certain; just be prepared to have the second person supplement charged at check-in.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Stayed here earlier this week for an overnight. I've been in several NRT hotels and none really made much of an impression on me, being pretty much run of the mill, nondescript airport hotels with basic rooms and mediocre food and bars. However, this property quite surprised me. It's not located among the cluster of airport hotels outside the north gate of NRT but as noted is a lengthy bus drive on the other side of the airport (which in itself makes for an interesting tour of airport support facilities like the JAL and Gateway catering buildings).

I found this a peaceful oasis not normally found in an airport hotel, even in Japan. The ambiance was very positive and restful, the public spaces of the highest quality. My western style room struck me as relaxing and functional. It was not overly large, but well set up with the King bed taking up almost 1/3rd the space, but the desk and sitting area were substantial enough. (I assume I was upgraded as a CC Gold.) There was a plate of those wrapped Japanese biscuits as a gift, ideal with morning coffee/tea. Being tired from my all day YYZ-DFW-NRT flight on AA, I retired and slept for a couple of hours, so had no need for dining or drinking but the lounge looked very nice. Did have breakfast in the California Grill and as noted by the OP, it was a fine spread of the best quality and quality in both western and Japanese cuisines. At Y2200 I thought it good value considering that included service and tax. Staff was professional and friendly.

Should I have another overnight connection at NRT, I shall return…and in the meantime recommend this property among all the ones nearby the airport. There are shuttle buses into the town of Narita (I did a pleasant day there on another occasion and didn't regret taking the time to see the temple shrine and wander down the back streets (but stayed clear of the AON Mall) as well as the hourly shuttle to the two terminals.

A surprisingly top notch property tucked away in rural Japan.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:17 am

Just wondering if anyone know if they will allow you to store your luggage in their hotel for the couple days that you are visiting Tokyo if you stay with them at the beginning and end of your trip to Tokyo/Japan? I emailed them awhile ago but never got a response.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:14 pm
DH

Premium Award vs Standard Award

Has anyone redeemed Premium Award? Initially I thought that Premium Award includes breakfast but I don't see breakfast mentioned on the rate detail. If breakfast is not included then I'll switch to Standard Award to save 7,500 points.

Thx in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.