Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Former Club Carlson - Goldpoints plus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
I'll be checking into the Radisson in Glasgow on Friday and I was promoted to Gold late last week.

Will my change of status automatically update on my hotel records just as it has online? And also, does anyone know if it will make the slightest bit of difference to my stay (other than a few extra points when I check out)?

I'll be making use of the 2-4-1 bookings in a month or two (once I figure out how it works) but just wondered if it makes a difference in the meantime?

Ta, Jon
When I was Gold the only time I got an upgrade was when I used points for a stay. To be honest the best benefit of being Gold is the 2-4-1 and the 4-4-2 offers.
The Glasgow Radisson is really nice.....enjoy yourself even without an upgrade. ^
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:31 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by HIDDY
When I was Gold the only time I got an upgrade was when I used points for a stay. To be honest the best benefit of being Gold is the 2-4-1 and the 4-4-2 offers.
The Glasgow Radisson is really nice.....enjoy yourself even without an upgrade. ^
Nice one Hiddy I'm sure I'll have a great time. I'm not too worried about an upgrade as the standard rooms seem absolutely fine (I've never been disappointed with one yet).

I'm just hoping they'll let me check in early more than anything...don't want to be walking the mean streets of Glasgow for too long

Cheers for coming back so quickly.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:46 am

Checked in and nothing out of the ordinary. Hotel is impressive though and the room beats the HI I was in last night. Well worth the Ł87 I paid.

Two thumbs up from me.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nice one Hiddy
I'm just hoping they'll let me check in early more than anything...don't want to be walking the mean streets of Glasgow for too long
Checked in and nothing out of the ordinary. Hotel is impressive though and the room beats the HI I was in last night. Well worth the Ł87 I paid.

Two thumbs up from me.
Good to hear you were happy despite the lack of an upgrade. What mean streets in Glasgow? Swindon on the other hand.

Last edited by HIDDY; Apr 12, 2009 at 8:39 pm
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:58 am

To be fair any place can be a little eye opening at closing time when people have had all day to drink.
Hotel was in a good location and perfectly placed to leg it out the next morning to Loch Ness.

The HIX in Strathclyde the next night wasn't quite as plush
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
New silver benefit - cup of tea for two without the stay

Just got an email for Silver Elites:

There's a seat waiting for you

You're always very welcome at our hotels.

That's why, wherever you are, you can now drop into any of the 220 participating Radisson Blu, Radisson Edwardian and Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and enjoy a free coffee, tea or hot chocolate for two, plus free Wi-Fi internet access.

You don't need to book a room. All you have to do is let our front-desk team know when you arrive and then sit back, relax, sip your coffee and perhaps do a little work, or maybe meet a friend...

This is a new, exclusive benefit for Silver Elite card holders. To make sure you enjoy all your Elite benefits remember to visit goldpointsplus.com

Now, would you like one sugar or two?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by Fims
Just got an email for Silver Elites:
Got it too. Haven't followed the forum much, but has Radisson SAS left the chain, or is it only excluded from this promotion? We've only got those here.

EDIT: found out the name change already.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Got the same email. I think I'll make use of this at some point.
I wonder if Gold members get the same benefit?

Edit: I see it's yes.
https://www.goldpointsplus.com/yourlounge

Terms and Conditions

Members do not need to have a room at the hotel.
Members must have their own hardware (laptop) to use the Wi-Fi Internet.
This benefit is available to Silver and Gold Elite cardholders only.
They can invite a colleague or friend to use the Wi-Fi and enjoy a hot beverage with them (maximum two people i.e. the member + one invitee).
Hot beverage is coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
Maximum one use per day, during daytime opening hours.
Available in the designated public area of the hotel.
Valid at Radisson Blu, Radisson Edwardian or Park Plaza hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Members must present their goldpoints plus card or quote their membership number at the front desk to get this benefit.
Valid of all residents worldwide.
Offer not valid at the art'otel Kudamm Hotel.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:54 pm

I like this as there´s one hotel very near me and I walk past it like twice a week when taking baby HelsinkiFlyer out for a walk. Now I might start going in for free coffee and checking FlyerTalk as well. The hotel guests will love it, when baby HF is running around the used to be so quiet lobby.

This really is an generous offer. I like it. Many times when travelling around I go past a Radisson hotel and now I always get a free cup of coffee.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
I like this as there´s one hotel very near me and I walk past it like twice a week when taking baby HelsinkiFlyer out for a walk. Now I might start going in for free coffee and checking FlyerTalk as well. The hotel guests will love it, when baby HF is running around the used to be so quiet lobby.

This really is an generous offer. I like it. Many times when travelling around I go past a Radisson hotel and now I always get a free cup of coffee.
I know what you mean; it's going to be nice being able to sit in the lobby with a purpose for a change.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Let's just hope that all hotels staff will be aware of this promotion... to be applicable...
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by dauphine
Let's just hope that all hotels staff will be aware of this promotion... to be applicable...
... and that those hotels which haven't yet changed SAS to blu will accept the rules.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 5:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
I really like this idea from Radisson. I wish more hotel chains would consider this type of benefit. ^
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Toli
... and that those hotels which haven't yet changed SAS to blu will accept the rules.
All Radisson SAS will gradually be transfered to blu branding, as SAS is no longer a shareholder and the agreement to continue using their name expired recently.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Club_IC
All Radisson SAS will gradually be transfered to blu branding, as SAS is no longer a shareholder and the agreement to continue using their name expired recently.
I realise that - was wondering only if it couldn't be used as a formal excuse to deny the offer at SAS venues.

Anyway, tried it out today, and it worked just fine.

^^ to Radisson!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.