Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Radisson-SAS Rome

Anyone stayed here recently?
Going to be over there 3/19-3/25
Can be had for 70,000 points\night

I'm thinking of transfering 65K of ebay anything points to 190, 000 Gold Points and using that to lower cost of my trip.

input welcome

\\//\\//
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
I stayed there in January. It is a good place to stay, conveniently located next to the Central Railway Station. You can catch the train at the airport and get to the hotel in no time.

It's a bit far from the main sights in Rome, but the tube station is about 5 min walking distance. The breakfast there is nice. I remember the coffee was excellent as well as the pastries.

The rooms are quite avant-gard, totally different from most hotels, but the twin beds are quite thin. The Westin is better located but I haven't stayed there. All in all, in Italy I always go for the cheapest 5/4+ star available. IMHO, you can't expect a great deal of service in Italy, so it's worthless paying a king's ransom to get the same no matter where.

Originally Posted by windwalker
Anyone stayed here recently?
Going to be over there 3/19-3/25
Can be had for 70,000 points\night

I'm thinking of transfering 65K of ebay anything points to 190, 000 Gold Points and using that to lower cost of my trip.

input welcome

\\//\\//
Old Jan 30, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent property reviews? I am particularly interested in the quality of the internet connection and if they block SKYPE.
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent property reviews? I am particularly interested in the quality of the internet connection and if they block SKYPE.
Thanks in advance.
The internet is fine and no blocking. Otherwise the place made me wonder why rezidor took it in. The location I suppose is ideal for conferences, as it is literally 50m from the airport express station.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I just completed a two night stay at Radisson Rome (Thu-Fri) taking advantage of the 2for1 promotion and i am posting my experience hoping that it will be useful to my fellow flyertakers here!!

I checked in on Thursday afternoon (14:00) and i was given a smoking room per my request on the 4th floor. The room was very nice, with a comfortable bed and a very minimalistic touch in the decoration (i have pics if you are interested).

The only problem was that i couldn't log in to the hotel's wireless network. I called the One-Touch Service Desk and i was redirected to the company that is responsible for the network somewhere in Switzerland, where an agent tried to fix the problem. After 1,5 hours of trying to log in manually and trying numerous IPs i gave up. I called the front desk and asked for a cable. I got a cable, but to my surprise the only plug available for it was behind the bed (not on the desk) and there was no electricity plug anywhere near (actually there is only one electrical plug in each room!!). On top of that my laptop couldn't log in the network with the cable either!! I was convinced that there was something wrong with my laptop!!

As a last test, i went to the lobby and tried the network there and voila..i logged in instantly!! I returned to my room, called the front desk and explained the problem! The agent tried to redirect me to the Techinal Support. when i interrupted him telling "I have request..I need another room"! @:-) In 5 minutes i was given a new room, where there was no problem with the internet connection. I just wished i knew before, so i hadn't wasted almost 3 hours on that!! Once logged in, i was able to Skype with my colleagues in the US, call my parents via VOIP and watch movies online; no problems at all.^

My advice; If you check in and you have internet connection problems, waste no time; just ask for another room!!

Finally, as a tip for people that intend to stay at this property i have to say that even though the hotel is very nice (for Rome standards its one of the best in value for money terms), the location is one of the worst possible. Both nights i have witnessed fights among immigrant groups right in front of the hotel and i would not recommend for people to walk around the hotel after dark. The presence of police in that particular area is practically not existent. If you plan to go out at night, you might want to ask for a cab (which is 15-20 euros to the center).

Also, keep in mind that the Metro Line A that connects the Terminal station with the Center and the Vatican, closes at 21:00 everyday except Saturdays, starting from the 31st of Jan!! Wished i knew that before..

Last edited by Nikolaos; Feb 6, 2011 at 8:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.