Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum status worth anything ?platinum status offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum status worth anything ?platinum status offer

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tennen
Yes

From the T&Cs, yes, it looks like breakfast is "officially" for the Platinum member only. However, as with any other hotel chain elite breakfast benefit, YMMV. Some properties are bound to be more generous with the "continental" aspect and/or the number of breakfasts per room. Also, Platinum gets you standard suite upgrades (to be fair, I've been upgraded to suites as a Gold in EMEA; rare, but it happens), which could come in handy for your wife & kid. If you match it to Radisson Rewards, Platinum in EMEA gets you 2 breakfasts and depending on the kid's age, some hotels feed them for free anyway.

I don't know how Hyatt status matching works, but you may or may not have to provide your stay history with the competitor for the last 12 months, in addition to the proof of status. And you'll have to research what status Hyatt will match from Radisson Americas Platinum. If they don't give Globalist, it may not be worth it.

Personally, if I had gotten the targeted offer, I would've gone for it, even though Radisson (both Americas & Other) is far from my go-to hotel option (more like the 3rd or 4th backup of a backup). One $100-150 stay at a Country Inn is a small price to pay for Platinum in Radisson Americas through 2/2024, or the Choice equivalent when they combine. IIRC, Choice has some good hotels outside of the US, so perhaps Choice status can come in handy. Keep in mind that you can still match Radisson Americas to Radisson and vice versa. At the very least, you'll get to enjoy the latter until 2/2023 or maybe even 2/2024 if the Choice acquisition goes slowly.
So one night credit card paid cheap stay at a country inn in US will earn me the Platinum status right? I would have been super thrilled if the breakfast is not only for one person.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
So one night credit card paid cheap stay at a country inn in US will earn me the Platinum status right? I would have been super thrilled if the breakfast is not only for one person.
I agree 100% with you on the part I bolded. Hotel breakfast tend to be expensive so getting one free really makes it not worth when two people are traveling together.

BOOO!
Sherab Sherab likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.